Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I don't really know where else to put this. I was wondering if there was any way you could export a Guitar Pro file as an Mp3 or anything similar - I'm basically trying to record a song I already have arranged in Guitar Pro without having to set up an intricate click track on my recording software. The idea is record all the instruments over the guitar pro midi track and then just remove it when I'm done. Does anyone have any advice for this?
"Some of these lyrics are pure black metal nonsense."
Export the file as a Wav, and then find a program (any will work, but I personally use Audacity with the MP3 codec that you have to download to export as MP3), and just convert the file. That's what I do. My computer isn't quite as fast as it could be, at the moment, so I can't risk even a half-second skip by trying to record straight through (even if my setup allows me to do it in a heartbeat).
Ah. That's what I was thinking of doing, but I was just making sure there wasn't some easier, better quality way of doing it.

Edit: Posted that before I read the second response. Thanks for the help - downloaded Audacity, currently looking for the MP3 codec for it.
"Some of these lyrics are pure black metal nonsense."
Last edited by Gottlos at Jun 29, 2008,