https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=694 i play in a death metal band, i only have a 20 watt legacy starter amp its alright but can't hear over 310bpm drumming and 100 watt bass amp with guitar. a 50 watt 2 speaker amp was good for me but its used for vocals, would 80 be enough or should i go higher?
EDIT: oops wrong hyperlink, was showing someone what bass i might get..
Last edited by metalhead_1011 at Jun 29, 2008,
Thats what we call a bass around here.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Hmm. I would suggest something bigger, 150W+ for the pure fact that it will save you money for when u have to buy a bigger one in the future.
but its gonna take to long to get enough money for a 150 watt amp, im only gonna have about $330 and i dont get money often and i wont have money till november so that will be too long.
Hang on, you are aware you are in the bass forum?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
yes i am aware i'm in the bass forum, i am posting in the bass forum about a bass amp. why bring that up?
I think you should keep saving, because honestly that amp would be a waste of money in a band situation. You simply would not cut through or be able to hear yourself. Dont get anything unless its AT LEAST 150 watts, even then you'd only just be getting there. I used 300 watts in the metal/hardcore band i used to play with and i had that at over half volume with my mids cranked to be heard.
Because you mentioned a 100W bass amp in the first post, which apparently isn't yours. Now, most bands do not have bassists, so that led to the confusion.

Also the mentioning of more guitar style wattages.

Really, you want as much as possible for this situation. There is no way anything less than 150W will be heard by a drummer, and if you have an aggressive drummer with a guitarist playing through a decent sized amp, 300W should be a minimum target.

Bass needs a lot of power, which costs money.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1