yeah, pretty much just wondering what people think would be good songs to play for my practical HSC at the end of the year.

so far i've thought about playing

Core piece - Holiday by Green Day

topic 1 (small ensemble) - Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas

topic 2 (technology and it's influence) - i haven't got a clue. i need song that uses some cool effects and such

topic 3 (instrument and it's repetoir) - Black Magic Woman - Santana

oh yeah the songs can't be longer than 5 minutes.

so... yeah
Something original.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
here is the obligitory i cum blood suggestion
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

you can find cool effects in songs by tons of bands and artists. it depends what you understand by cool effects, technology, etc.

there are a lot of artists who use a lot of effects, but they are subtle for a lot of the time. for example, Jimmy Page uses a whole board of effects. his guitars are customised and he uses violin bows. but you hardly notice some of his effects because he uses them subtly.

EDIT: if it is a proper music exam with grades and certificates and stuff, i am sure the examiners would be pleased to hear you lay a classical piece, for example a solo piece for violin by Bach which is transcribed for guitar. you can find tabs for this sort of stuff on UG, but you will need to listen to the actual piece to get the rhythm and everything.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Last edited by LedZeppelin9345 at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by Silent Road
yeah, pretty much just wondering what people think would be good songs to play for my practical HSC at the end of the year.

so far i've thought about playing

Core piece - Holiday by Green Day

topic 1 (small ensemble) - Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas

topic 2 (technology and it's influence) - i haven't got a clue. i need song that uses some cool effects and such

topic 3 (instrument and it's repetoir) - Black Magic Woman - Santana

oh yeah the songs can't be longer than 5 minutes.

so... yeah

Something with Tom Morello in it.
how bout some Muse?
Quote by Ed Hunter
Kick your brother in his penis adorned head.
You waited this long? Exams are week 8 next term for music prac, atleast for my school. Basically, you should look for songs that you can play and contrast. It's better if you have songs where the dynamics change at least once.
I'm doing:

Core - In the Presence of Enemies Pt. 1 (first half) - Dream Theater

Topic 1 (Music of the 21st century) - Detonation - Trivium

Topic 2 (Instrumentalists repetoire) - Lost Without You - John Petrucci

Topic 3 (whatever topic i'm doing this term) - Composed piece specifically for the HSC
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Regression
Something with Tom Morello in it.

ewwwww

how bout u shred for about 4 mins and call it mozart
Quote by deckerbastard69
ewwwww

how bout u shred for about 4 mins and call it mozart

or just play Mozart
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.