i'm lookin to get a thrash/punk tone out of the jcm 800 2210 head, any suggestions?
i have it set with the gain all the way up, treble all the way up, bass at 3o'clock, and mids at like 11 o'clockish. what else could i do to better achive this tone?
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
STEP AWAY FROM THE TREBLE.

Treble down to about 12-1 o'clock, fiddle around with the mids a bit and put a tubescreamer in front of it
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
For a punk tone, personally I would just ease the treble a bit, up the mids a bit, and then to your taste raise the bass and lower the gain.......i think those settings would give a decent thrash tone, assuming your talking about thrash metal, however I don't have a lot of experience with the JCM
UGGHHH!!! no offense bro but that tone (even for punk) is giving me the hurls just thinking about it!

just b/c punk is notorious for not caring a lot about pleasing tone and guitar aesthetics doesn't mean it has to be that way.

you want crunch, NOT hi gain. put your gain at half way first. Bass...well punk isn't too prominent on bass on the 6 string part is it? ...not sure... usually the bass guitar sounds nice and full so i don't think the rhythm guitar needs to have too much bass...
you NEED some mids or you'll sound like sh*t. get the mids to AT LEAST 1 o clock. then treble, i'd say put that at NO HIGHER than 3 o clock.

try that bud, i think it'll sound nice. also put an OD in front of all that w/ some level up (leave the basic EQ at twelve o clock) and no gain and you should notice a good improvement in tone!

punk isn't so much about having distortion as opposed to insane crunch and overdrive.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
thanks dudes
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10