Hi, i have been playing guitar for half a year now and i'm getting into some basic metal.
I have a cheap Les Paul copy (cheap because i am left handed and found a seller of brand new guitar the ordered and found it was not right handed). I am using a Orange Crush 10 watt amp (its just sexy) at the moment and recently acquired a Boss ME-20 (also fairly cheap).

I know i don't have the right equipment for metal but does anyone know how i can get a metal tone on my Boss multi effects?

thanks for any help.
Turn On "Crunch" And Overdrive, And Turn Your Gain Level To The Maximum, This Will Give You A Distorted Metal Sound

Hope This Helped

Joe.XO
bass high
mid low
treble high

I used that kind of equalization a lot with my previous band which was a metalband
Enable the overdrive on your amp. Set your EQ like above... but be careful not to scoop out too much mid. Also, turn the gain all the way up, BUT then while playing roll it back until you find a nice mix of dirt with clarity... too much gain can sound like mud and not like metal ( a COMMON mistake many people make)....

Also set your guitar for the bridge pickup, or your "lead" setting on the LP.

Start with this and fiddle with your settings on guitar/amp until you find the tone.... good luck!
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Quote by brianthemayan
Enable the overdrive on your amp. Set your EQ like above... but be careful not to scoop out too much mid. Also, turn the gain all the way up, BUT then while playing roll it back until you find a nice mix of dirt with clarity... too much gain can sound like mud and not like metal ( a COMMON mistake many people make)....

Also set your guitar for the bridge pickup, or your "lead" setting on the LP.

Start with this and fiddle with your settings on guitar/amp until you find the tone.... good luck!

thanks this helped heaps
Quote by pointblankmetal
thanks this helped heaps

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.