I'm a guitar player thinking of jumping into bass for some extra fun.
I've always have the liking for Les Paul shape of guitar but the guitar's itself is much more important.
And, here the bass

It has TOM bridge and a stop tail. Is that even standard for a bass guitar?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

WOW! It does as well.
I've never seen a bass with a TOM. I don't think I've seen a Les Paul bass with the 4 controls in the right place AND the 3 way switch. Nice find.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
WOW! It does as well.
I've never seen a bass with a TOM. I don't think I've seen a Les Paul bass with the 4 controls in the right place AND the 3 way switch. Nice find.

Warwick two-piece bridges are pretty similar to TOMs aren't they?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by fortysix&2
Warwick two-piece bridges are pretty similar to TOMs aren't they?

Vaguely. The Warwick bridges are actually incredibly effective, and result in an effect of a string through body bridge without having to remove so much wood. It is also far more solid than a TOM. While they look similar, they function far better, and are much easier to adjust.

And to the TS, I would not recommend getting a LP bass, especially without trying it out. They are generally built as a guitar with a longer neck, which does not work at all. Hence the poor reputation of Epiphone and Gibson (with a few exception) basses.

It is likely to neck dive, as the body is unlikely to have been adjusted to compensate for a longer neck, and the neck pickup appears to be right up against the neck, as well as being a humbucker. That is a classic route to muddy tone.

As much as you may dislike the looks, have a look at Squire (especially the VM series) and Ibanez for some better starter basses. They also produce packs which will give you a bass amp. Remember a guitar amp will get damaged by a bass.

Reading the FAQ will be advisable.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Les Paul Ell
I've never seen a bass with a TOM.
One of my Ibanez has a TOM. I'd avoid a Les Paul style bass though. It's not a great design.
I would try it for tone before you buy it. In most cases a guitar body on a bass doesn't sound too great
~Insert Signature Here~
Maybe I will go for the standard Fender type of bass then. Does neck-thru helps?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

It is a matter of preference. They are also often quite expensive.

They have slightly more sustain (negligable due to the standard of bolt on necks today), and have a more wooden tone. Bolt on necks have more snap and punch to them.

The heel of neck through basses is also often easier to navigate, but it shouldn't be a problem either way. Go on the prefered tone, and you won't regret it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Try it before you buy

and ask a million questions

coz i have never seen a bass like it

so it could be amazing

or not so good.
I HIGHLY reccomend against that bass.

First of all, the les paul bass is possibly the least popular bass tha epiphone/gibson currently sells, which kinda says a lot about the instrument. Not even people who can deal with gibson's problems will use a les paul bass.

Second, and more importantly, that bass is from rondomusic, which also owns SX. By relation, that bass earns my hate.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke