This is probably a bad question, so let me apologize in advance for my ignorance.

I recently bought an RMSG80 and it has two channels.

Channel 1 has gain, voice, low, high and volume. Channel 2 has gain, bass, mid, treble, volume and reverb.

My question is what is the point of two channels? Channel 1 has much higher gain and seems to be louder.. But really I have no idea what the point of two channels is.. Could anyone shed some light on this for me?

Cheers.
You answered yourself.
Quote by NothingButRock
Channel 1 has much higher gain

It's so you can switch between cleans and high gain tones, for example.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Well there you go, I actually had the right idea about it in the first place. Thanks mate, much appreciated.
so you can hange sound quickly with a foot switch, neccessary in the midle of a song, but im surprised both channels have gain, ive nver seen one like that, though hters probalby loads like that.
Quote by weorge
so you can hange sound quickly with a foot switch, neccessary in the midle of a song, but im surprised both channels have gain, ive nver seen one like that, though hters probalby loads like that.

I think most amps have either separate volumes (which is the same thing as gain) for each channel and then a master volume (which is basically volume), or gain for each channel and then volume (which is master volume). Well, I'm probably thinking of mid-to-high level high gain amps, but anyway
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by weorge

They both have gain because some people may want to have a clean channel and a high gain channel, or a low gain channel and a high gain channel.

Like, on a Mesa Rectifier [two channel] there is a clean/crunch channel, and a crunch/high gain channel, or at least that's how most people use it, so that you have the option of more than one sound on each channel.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!