Ok thinking of getting my own guitar built. I’d buy all the supplies then take it to someone who knows what they’re doing I guess. I’m after a pretty wide variety of sounds, a big mix of the following really: Circa Survive/Deftones/Jeff Buckley/Radiohead/Mars Volta/Smashing Pumpkins/Tool

So far I am set on the following:
· 24 fret Rosewood fretboard – perhaps one by Ormsby guitars (they have cool designs) anyone know much about Ormsby?
· Maple neck
· ESP/Ibanez/Schecter style body (solid body)
· Locking strap-holders of some kind, not really sure what’s available?

For pickups I’m looking at getting the Manson MBK1 Guitar Pickup Set as well as a Seymour Duncan SCR-1 Cool Rails Pickup. Good idea?
I was also interested in those Fernadez Sustain pickups… anyone know anything about them?

As for tuners I’m wanting ones that go all on one side. Either:
· Fender Deluxe Schaller Locking Machine Heads
· Sperzel 6-In-Line Trim-Lok Reverse Tuners
· Grover 205C6 6-In-Line Guitar Tuning Keys
Again not really sure what is the best here…

For the body, I was thinking either:
· Alder
· Ash
· Mahogany
(Keeping in mind I want to paint it myself so I don’t really care what colour it is) what would be best for the sound/style I want?

Also does anyone know anything about the Roland GR 20 that comes with its own synth pickup? It’s meant to be pretty cool so I read…

Any thoughts?
Quote by sideshowlinc
Ok thinking of getting my own guitar built. I’d buy all the supplies then take it to someone who knows what they’re doing I guess. I’m after a pretty wide variety of sounds, a big mix of the following really: Circa Survive/Deftones/Jeff Buckley/Radiohead/Mars Volta/Smashing Pumpkins/Tool

So far I am set on the following:
· 24 fret Rosewood fretboard – perhaps one by Ormsby guitars (they have cool designs) anyone know much about Ormsby?
· Maple neck
· ESP/Ibanez/Schecter style body (solid body)
· Locking strap-holders of some kind, not really sure what’s available?

For pickups I’m looking at getting the Manson MBK1 Guitar Pickup Set as well as a Seymour Duncan SCR-1 Cool Rails Pickup. Good idea?
I was also interested in those Fernadez Sustain pickups… anyone know anything about them?

As for tuners I’m wanting ones that go all on one side. Either:
· Fender Deluxe Schaller Locking Machine Heads
· Sperzel 6-In-Line Trim-Lok Reverse Tuners
· Grover 205C6 6-In-Line Guitar Tuning Keys
Again not really sure what is the best here…

For the body, I was thinking either:
· Alder
· Ash
· Mahogany
(Keeping in mind I want to paint it myself so I don’t really care what colour it is) what would be best for the sound/style I want?

Also does anyone know anything about the Roland GR 20 that comes with its own synth pickup? It’s meant to be pretty cool so I read…

Any thoughts?

He's a member here so why not send him a PM.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau