Page 1 of 2
I don't think it's been done - given, I don't really frequent this part of the forum either. But anyhow, my idea: There's a single chord progression / arpeggiation / backing track. Over this track, each user submits the track with his own solo over it. Information on the track is given such as the key and time signature, possibly tablature.

This can be a contest and whatnot. I just think it'd be a fun idea to compare everyones different soloing styles and critique eachother's ability, where to improve, etc. Good idea? Yes? No? Please reply.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Last edited by Dimebag Dave at Jun 29, 2008,
I like this idea.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
I'd totally do it if it happens. What so we just record the progression and recor us playing over it and post it? I'm in
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
The backing progression is given - all you have to do is solo over it. If we get enough people, I'll start tomorrow with something simple.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
I'm down.
Sign me up.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

I'll give this a try for the laughs, but don't expect any epic shred solos from me :p
I want to see how good or dreadful the backing track is first, if it's a good one and not MIDI crap from the 80s I'm in.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
When can we expect a backing track??

The Gear I Use Most:

TooJoo The Band
Sounds good to me. It doesn't have to be a video or anything right? We can just record the solo over the track?

If so, I might be able to get something done.
ill do it...im mainly a rhythm player but want to try more lead and soloing...try not to laugh lol...
Gear:

Ibanez Artcore TXD (Semihollow)
Fender Tele
Line 6 Spider II 2x12
Squier P-bass
Cubase LE
Tascam us122l
MXL mic

favorite band:Raconteurs/QOTSA

LOOKING FOR A GRETSCH!!!! PM ME IF YOU WANT TO SELL OR TRADE YOURS!!!!!
So no plans for this to surface??

The Gear I Use Most:

TooJoo The Band
I'm in. Awesome idea. It'll be great to hear what our peers decide to do to the same track we just solo'd over.
Obviously lots of interest here, so hope no one minds if I start this of. I've found a django backing track. I think it'll be more interesting, and much harder, than everyone playing the blues.

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/reinhardt,_django/nuages.htm

So, is a week from now (thursday 10th) long enough for everyone to work something out?
I'll happily judge everyone's entries. Tell me where they are and I'll update this post.
Quote by willguitarist
Obviously lots of interest here, so hope no one minds if I start this of. I've found a django backing track. I think it'll be more interesting, and much harder, than everyone playing the blues.

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/reinhardt,_django/nuages.htm

So, is a week from now (thursday 10th) long enough for everyone to work something out?
I'll happily judge everyone's entries. Tell me where they are and I'll update this post.

Shouldn't you talk to the thread starter?
Well, I weighed up doing something from a guy who just posted his own contest vs waiting for TS and thought it couldn't hurt to do this one anyway.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/fleaflicker182/music/all/play351804

A bit sloppy, and you can hear my Dad with a weed-whacker in the background, but anyway.
This was take 2 by the way.
Damn-good idea, maybe I can get my brother in on this, he's crazy good at soloing (I think so at least). I'm in though I'm not that good at all.
Sound good. I'm in.
Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.

-Jimi Hendrix

My friend said:Oh yeah, then they listened that AC/DC Heavy Metal!!!!
i'm in for surewould be fun to see what people come up with.
Sorry, I completely forgot about this. Things are rather hectic where I am now, and I currently don't have access to my recording gear until the semester almost starts. Anyone else is free to create the "Your very own soloing style" competition thread. If you want me to make the thread, that's fine. But I can't make a backing track as of yet, so you'll have to wait. Thus, we have two options:

1) Someone else starts the competition thread.

2) Wait for me to start it, around the week of August 22nd.

If someone chooses to make the thread, please notify me and all other possible contestants. And keep the "Your very own soloing style" as the theme title. Thanks guys.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
im up for it as well. However, personally I wouldn't go for django chord progressions, but we'll take whatever u give us (my epiphone and me). Btw: does it have to be an electric or acoustic solo or can we choose whatever ?

good luck everyone
yea i'm interested as well....
i request the threadstarter to record drums as well.... and bass as well..
well when's the track coming???
Quote by Stillicide
Shouldn't you talk to the thread starter?

yea, the thread starter should prepare the backing track.. coz he initiated the competition.whats the price btw???
I can't wait for this.
The official Panamanian-Jamaican-Syrian-Canadian-American-Jew.

Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Spider III 120 Watt
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal
im in! definitely, do we record now over the django chord progression or wait for threadstarter to post backing track?
Page 1 of 2