Looking to get my first electric guitar after playing my Martin's. Fell in love with the Gretsch white falcon and need comments from other owners and players. What do you think of the brand and in particular the guitar ????

Bob J
dude the Falcon costs 5k to buy and you want to buy that for your first guitar?

Gretsch have a top reputation and they make some of the greatest guitars around.
I love them, and want one but too expensve for me

EDIT: no you can get one for 3000US
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Jun 29, 2008,
They can be had for a lot less then 5k. Look around.

I have a Country Club, an Elliot Easton (the real one not the cheese ball one), a new jet, and a 6119.

They are pretty good guitars.

I had a Falcon but I kind of got sick of it and it was not balanced as well due to the huge headstock as I would have liked.

If you love the look then go for it. I like the CC better but it's just preference.

The quality is ok. They're not fantastic, but they never were. The old ones were kind of hit or miss. There are better guitars for the $ but the Gretsches look and sound a certain way.

If you are looking for a Falcon look for a Steven Stills model. They were made for Gretsch by Heritage in the USA and are much better then the Japan models
Quote by futsalman
dude the Falcon costs 5k to buy and you want to buy that for your first guitar?

Gretsch have a top reputation and they make some of the greatest guitars around.

First ELECTRIC guitar.

Anways, if you have the money, go for it. It's a good guitar.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
They're hot... but I would buy 2 or 3 cheaper guitars personally.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
Yeah, they're really sexy, but not too versatile, since they're hollow-bodied. I'd look for some semi-hollowbody. gets rid of feedback. and it adds sustain.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.