hello all,
i've got an epiphone les paul 100. everything on it is stock (apart from one of the strings) and it's playing really nicely.
i'm just wondering, and keep in mind this is purely hypothetical, if it's viable to replace one of the pickups on the guitar with a 6-string bass pickup (see the EMG 45HZ).
would it produce a bassier sound or would it not make a difference if i run it through the same amp as the other pickup? i'm not considering running it through a bass amp, i'm just want to be able to flick the pickup switch and swap to bass during a song.
cheers, rikky.
No
Bass strings are spaced differently to guitar string so it wouldn't work at all, plus you'd have to route the **** out of your guitar for a useless mod
Get a pair of EMGs or Seymour Duncans
ohai little sig.
swap to bass? its the string thickness that gives you the bass sound so that won't work. the frequency on the bass pickups will probably make it not sound very good on a guitar. never tried it though.
it won't do anything. also, what amp do you have?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
a squier sp-10. possibly the ****test amp known to man.
any volume setting below seven gives huge feedback.
it's not mine, i'm just borrowing a friends.
i'm willing to buy my own (sub $100) amp if it's neccesary.
you need to spend at LEAST about $200 on a decent amp. I'd suggest a Blackheart little giant combo, it's $280 I believe. or, if you look used, get a peavey valveking 112.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.