Hey guys,
My mate and I have been working on recording a song together. I was trying to come up with a small progression loop, when I thought of this:

e|--------------|
B|--------------|
G|--------------|
D|--7--6--------|
A|--9--7--6--7--|
E|--------7--5--|

At the moment, This is what I have.

Notes Used:
A  B  ?  D#  E  ?  G#  A

1  2  3   4  5  6  7
A  B  C#  D  E  F# G#	<== A Major Scale
A  B      D# E     G#   <== Progression Notes

I've been trying to work out the scale or mode used for the last hour, and either its completely obvious, or pretty difficult to work it out.

Anyone got any clues?
Cheers,
Phil
Been away, am back
the intervals written can be thought of as these chords:
F#m,E,B,A

these chords are in the key of E major..
Perhaps the D# can be counted as an accidental?

Either that or it's an E major scale since E major has F#, C#, G#, and D#.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
I would use e major. u use all of the notes in it accept the C# (there is a F# in the first chord)
Cheers guys, I had a feeling it might be E Major. I must have confused myself by mis-naming a note

I also tried playing around with A Harmonic Minor, with a sharp 4th.

Thanks again
Been away, am back
The notes/chords are from E Major, but if it resolves to A you could perhaps say it was A Lydian.

You say you have been using A Harmonic Minor with a raised 4th-
A B C D# E F G#

That is interesting, you may find the F doesn't really fit, but the C should sound cool as it is ambiguous in the progression. Sounds like a good way to spice it up from just playing straight A Lydian.
Quote by branny1982

You say you have been using A Harmonic Minor with a raised 4th-
A B C D# E F G#
Don't quote me on it, but I believe that's typically called the Hungarian Minor scale.
^
Ahh yes! I thought it might have a special name. I just searched it on looknohands.com and your right, its the hungarian Minor

Quote by branny1982

That is interesting, you may find the F doesn't really fit, but the C should sound cool as it is ambiguous in the progression. Sounds like a good way to spice it up from just playing straight A Lydian.

Perhaps Ill try both scales and see which one Ill like best thanks for your help.
Been away, am back