Hello

I have a Zvex Fuzz Factory and I want to set with it a sound like Frusciante's sound, in Dani California's solo and Parallel Universe's solo.
how do I need to set it to get to a sound near it?

Thnx
John uses (or at least used, he changes his gear somewhat every now and then) the Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi for a lot of his solos. It's a sound which you do not copy with anything else.
The Fuzz Factory IMO doesn't have enough usable fuzz sounds to help you out. John uses the Big Muff 99% of the time and the FF can't emulate that.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
i heard that he uses the big muff mostly in live show and that in the studio he lately used the fuzz factory
I studio He used DS-2, Big Muff and English Muff'N lately. But You can get his Slane Castle sound because John used FF back then. For Dani it's impossible though
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
noot true. i use the ff with my ocd and it sounds very thick and much like the dani solo.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
With Your OCD... I can say that without my Muff I can get close to I Could Have Lied solo just with DS-2 and English Muff'N but it still won't be the same
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
thats true. it wont be the same because ...well lets face it, were not john frusciante and we'll never have his exact equipment. BUT, Id say with alittle help, the fuzz factory can achieve a tone that is in the ballpark of the dani solo. Not exact, but close enough.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
The Fuzz Factory IMO doesn't have enough usable fuzz sounds to help you out. John uses the Big Muff 99% of the time and the FF can't emulate that.

Doesn't have enough fuzz?
With the idiot setting on a Fuzz Factory you can't hear anything.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
i think what he was saying is that there isnt enough settings that sound good, not that there isnt enough fuzz.
The Dani California solo uses a phaser
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by HeartInACage
noot true. i use the ff with my ocd and it sounds very thick and much like the dani solo.

that's great cuz i have also an ocd!
how do you set the OCD and the fuzz to get a dani california solo sound?
ff: 12 7 7 5 5

ocd: vol - 3 gain - 11
tone - as you like it

and thats like on a clock.
Quote by lbj273

really?! where?! I'm not quite sure about that man
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Quote by lbj273

the whole track is phased just before the start of the solo, but during the solo theres no phaser on guitar
POST FINDER