I need help/direction what to fix, change, pointer, and what to do

in the link there are some videos you can see were im at now with my guitar playing and tell me were to go from there and how to get their

http://www.youtube.com/sealbroken

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
I watched your cover of fell in love with a girl and it sounded fine. Good job with those barre chords! Maybe you could improvise a little solo at the end. Oh and what are you trying to accomplish? Are you striving to be a shred guitarist like buckethead?
Quote by rbouchard47
what are you trying to accomplish? Are you striving to be a shred guitarist like buckethead?

Not really I been focusing on rhythm guitar since I started so no shredding for me

What I want to accomplish I don’t know u said it sounded good but to me it don’t sound as I should, I feel stuck is there something I’m missing O_o or is it just all in my head

try messing with your amp setting. Maybe buy a new effects pedal. It doest have to sound just like their band's guitarist. How about making your own music?
Quote by rbouchard47
try messing with your amp setting. Maybe buy a new effects pedal. It doest have to sound just like their band's guitarist. How about making your own music?

I dont mean sound i mean skills

my amp will give me any sound i want so i have no probrem with thats I have been thinking of getting some pedals but dont know what i need yet

well what can you do besides barre chords? Can you do any basic lead stuff like alternate picking, hammer and pulls, harmonics, vibrato, bends. Do you know the major scale?
I can do open chords, alternate picking, vibrato, bends, hammer and pulls
and a few scales

Just keep playing is your goal to do cover songs or write your own music. A teacher would be a good IDea
i dont know whats my goal yet i would love to end up in a band but playing cover its good enoght for me

i just feel like i should sharpen what i already know but dont know how

like i said maybe is just in my head

just form a local band with some friends. You dont need shred skills to make good music.
Hey, I checked out a couple of your posts on youtube and I think you sound good! I don't know how long you've been playing but you are already doing some things well that many guitarists and students I know struggle with.

I will say your strum and time are not quite right on 'About A Girl'. The switch from the Em to the G chord is not on the 'up' as you are playing it.

Have you ever had lessons. Maybe I can help? Lots of resources out there...

Good luck and keep at it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Storm Stenvold
~ http://www.guitarteacher.com
~ See It, Hear It, Play It!
~ Free Video Guitar Lessons, Jam Tracks + More!
Quote by firstnamestorm
Hey, I checked out a couple of your posts on youtube and I think you sound good! I don't know how long you've been playing but you are already doing some things well that many guitarists and students I know struggle with.

I will say your strum and time are not quite right on 'About A Girl'. The switch from the Em to the G chord is not on the 'up' as you are playing it.

Have you ever had lessons. Maybe I can help? Lots of resources out there...

Good luck and keep at it.

I just got a teacher but want only theory from him (i start on Tuesday)

i need work on my strumming cause i feel its the same i need new patterns

Alright, well let me just start off by saying I never heard any of the songs you were playing before. It looks like you're on your way to playing guitar decently, but I noticed that you need to work more on staying on beat. Slow down the midi backing tracks a bit more and practice at that speed, when your fretting is accurate enough, increase it in small increments
Quote by Nagashiro
I just got a teacher but want only theory from him (i start on Tuesday)

i need work on my strumming cause i feel its the same i need new patterns

Sounds like you're in the right place. I enjoy teaching students who have questions and goals in mind. It looks and sounds like you have the technique and desire to take advantage of good direction!

I hope your new teacher connects with you. If he/she doesn't help with your theory questions and strums, or even if you have questions between lessons, look me up! Good luck.
~ Storm Stenvold
~ http://www.guitarteacher.com
~ See It, Hear It, Play It!
~ Free Video Guitar Lessons, Jam Tracks + More!