Page 1 of 2
Yea..

So basically 2 friends and I are going to Amsterdam the 15th-18th.

I've heard MANY Amsterdam stories, but I'm interested in UG Amsterdam stories..

so...

Experiences, tips, things/places to avoid, stories?

discuss.

--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Fender Custom Telecaster HH Flamed Maple Top

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Digitech Distortion Factory

Pianists F.T.W.
get stoned, have teh secks with some prostitute, rinse and repeat

btw i i havnt been to amsterdam but that is the reason everyone goes there, i personally dont see the attraction in doing drugs or having sex with *****s

much prefer to go to Magaluff/ Ibiza/ Floria with my gf and have sex that way
I live 20 minutes away from Amsterdam, do the regular things when a tourist goes there: Smoke pot/Visit the red light district..

Quote by NielsWho
I live 20 minutes away from Amsterdam, do the regular things when a tourist goes there: Smoke pot/Visit the red light district..

but is it dangerous?

i've heard stories of attacks, aggressions..
are they frequent..

basically, do i have anything to seriously worry about?
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Pianists F.T.W.
amsterdam... the absolute city of filth here in holland... stupid city.... dunno what the atraction is besides the, highly criminal, redlight district and pot, which knocks all the tourists out cus we dutchies have the best **** in the world...
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by lexaah
amsterdam... the absolute city of filth here in holland... stupid city.... dunno what the atraction is besides the, highly criminal, redlight district and pot, which knocks all the tourists out cus we dutchies have the best **** in the world...

Its legal over there! Of course your ****s gonna be better
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
Quote by Open fire
Its legal over there! Of course your ****s gonna be better

no it's not legal... its legal to have it on ya. not to smoke in in public or have more than 5grams on ya. they'll kill you if they catch ya smoking it
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by lexaah
no it's not legal... its legal to have it on ya. not to smoke in in public or have more than 5grams on ya. they'll kill you if they catch ya with it

Really? I thought it was completely legal, here is Portugal it's almost the same then, if the cops find us they just take it, it's almost legal.
But can't you guys buy weed in coffee shops?
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Really? I thought it was completely legal, here is Portugal it's almost the same then, if the cops find us they just take it, it's almost legal.
But can't you guys buy weed in coffee shops?

if you're over 18
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by mrbungle50221
get stoned, have teh secks with some prostitute, rinse and repeat

btw i i havnt been to amsterdam but that is the reason everyone goes there, i personally dont see the attraction in doing drugs or having sex with *****s

much prefer to go to Magaluff/ Ibiza/ Floria with my gf and have sex that way

Ha, me and some of my mates are planning to go to Ibiza/Magaluf/Malia for a week and Amsterdam for a couple of days next summer.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
Take a map.
All tourists ask for directions and we just tell 'em to go some random direction, probably the wrong one.
aparently girls have to walk in the exact middle of the pavement/sidewalk or they'll get snatched by people in buildings or passing cars. that's what my frend sed his cousins has to do.

also i think i heard that amsterdam is so bad that there's actually a green light district.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
its a strange law in amsterdam about weed, its legal to sell it and have possesion of it but i think its only illegal to actually smoke it, but no one cares over there.
If you want to smoke pot and dont want the criminal activity, wait 1 year and go to Maastricht there is gonna be a weedboulevard here..
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by mrbungle50221

actually you do, youre just trying to be mature
faggot
It's not that dangerous to smoke weed in public..
But watch out for these guys:

And these cars:

Quote by digimon go!
actually you do, youre just trying to be mature
faggot

yes so now im a faggot for wanting to have sex with my beautiful girlfriend rather than some ugly, dirty prostitute.

and i choose not to waste my life away on drugs.

stop being a nob
Quote by NielsWho
It's not that dangerous to smoke weed in public..
But watch out for these guys:

And these cars:

/thread
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by mrbungle50221
yes so now im a faggot for wanting to have sex with my beautiful girlfriend rather than some ugly, dirty prostitute.

yes, you are
nob?
k
Quote by digimon go!
yes, you are
nob?
k

fine you go around paying for sex because its the only way you can it while wasting your life away on drugs. i really hope you get cought with the drugs and prostitutes and they haul your pathetic arse to jail where you will get raped by big sweaty fat men, i think you will be the biigest fag then.
Quote by Thecla
If you want to smoke pot and dont want the criminal activity, wait 1 year and go to Maastricht there is gonna be a weedboulevard here..

haha
i WENT to Maastricht...EASY GOING and KFC F.T.W.!!
never been so high in my life!

can't wait to go to amsterdam but i still am a little worried about random aggressions..
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Pianists F.T.W.
There's an excellent guitar shop called De Plug, I can't remember where it is but Google Maps it and you should be able to find it.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by mrbungle50221
fine you go around paying for sex because its the only way you can it while wasting your life away on drugs. i really hope you get cought with the drugs and prostitutes and they haul your pathetic arse to jail where you will get raped by big sweaty fat men, i think you will be the biigest fag then.

man, i wish i could get so involved in internet disputes that i type a paragraph full of cliche jokes
yes, i agree, i will be the biiigest fag for attempting to experience life
Quote by -deathbox-
haha
i WENT to Maastricht...EASY GOING and KFC F.T.W.!!
never been so high in my life!

can't wait to go to amsterdam but i still am a little worried about random aggressions..

it's not to bad... you just need to stay away from the, im sorry guys, black men and women that dress funny, like "gangsters" i spose... you should be fine then.
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by -deathbox-
but is it dangerous?

i've heard stories of attacks, aggressions..
are they frequent..

basically, do i have anything to seriously worry about?

As long as you keep yourself to yourself and treat people with respect you should be fine. I wouldn't want to live in amsterdam, its good to go to for a week or long weekend and drink and get stoned every day, and it is a lovely city to explore and sight see, but i think the novelty would wear off if i lived there.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Just buy a tourist guide, there are plenty of cool things you can do in Amsterdam. Despite the bad reputation the city may have, it's also a city with a lot of history so I recommend visiting a few museums or the Anne Frank house if you have some time left.

The red light district does attract drugdealers and pickpockets but if you stay away from the few dodgy looking streets you'll be fine. There are plenty of police officers patrolling the place and I believe there are security cameras in most streets so it's not like you'll be in a lot of danger all the time.

And of course you can smoke weed in the streets here. Sure, the official rules are a bit odd but nobody knows them over here either. I've never heard of people getting arrested because they were smoking weed in public.
stay in amsterdam but buy your weed from Haarlem, it's way cheaper and only like 20 mins via the train. Most of Amsterdam's shops are tourist traps, but Grey Area should still be quite nice. amongst others. But Amsterdam is a tourist trap! :P
I didn't really like the Anne Frank house, it was too modernised, the picasso museum is cool, and some good bars are bourbon street blues club (you must go there) and the waterhole, also, the irish bar is nice.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
one last question (maybe)

is it legal to smoke weed in hotel rooms?
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Pianists F.T.W.
Amsterdam is nowhere near as liberal as most people make out, and the Red Light District isn't THAT big.

Tips:

1) Buy a transport card. I forget what they're called, but it basically gives you free access to public transport, and it's dead cheap- 20 euros for the week IIRC

2) At least go to something cultural. It'd be a shame to get f*cked on weed (which, as has been said, is illegal to be smoked on the street, and you should only buy it from licensed coffee shops) and not see the attractions like Anne Frank's house, or the Natural History museum of Amsterdam (I forget the name, but there's this one huge room with the walls lined with formaldehyde jars containing f*cked up foetuses, human and animal)

3) Enjoy yourself, but stay safe. Just like any major city, there are always dangers. Like rapists, muggers and molemen.

4) Although the Dutch are fantastically nice people, learn a little bit of their language before you go- just the basics. I find that talking a little bit to a person in their own language gives a better reaction. But most of them can speak English better than we can, so that's not necessary.

5) Eat kroketten. Lots and lots of kroketten. And have at least one meal in a pannekuchenhaus.
avoid Jack Herer as your first smoke, i over indulged on this when i first got there ( only had half a joint ) and my legs went to jelly, had to stagger to the nearest pizza restaurant before i could breathe again.
Ye, the weed in Amsterdam is beyond anything you've ever tried before if you live outside Holland. And yes, Jack Herer is amazing :p
I live there, anything you want to know in particular?

My favorite coffee shop was De Rokerij, not far from Leidseplein. Leidseplein is the place where the fun is at by the way. We always hung out at R&R, a bar there.

You can smoke outside safely if you're 18, but they ask when you buy the weed so watch out. Otherwise you should be ok.

Don't go to the Bulldog.
Page 1 of 2