Ok so I want to buy some new ram, but I've been told the pin size or something matters. How do I tell what pin size my computer takes?
pin size ?
just see if its DDR, if it is buy one like it and youll be fine
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by the_extremist00
pin size ?

Incorrect.
find out if it's DDR, or DDR2.
find out what speed it's at, ex= DDR2 533Mhz.
make sure you have an extra slot in your pc for the new RAM, and make sure that you're not going over the limit (some computers have a limit of sat 4 GB, if you buy 4 sticks of 2GB each, you won't use them to the max and you will have lost money).
Quote by the_extremist00
pin size ?

No there's lots of different kinds
Konamix
Extreme
Max
Max2
3rd mix
7th mix
Supernova
etc
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Go into your CMOS (when the computer is booting up it will tell you what button to press for settings, usually it's like F2.) Then scroll down until you find memory type and it will tell you if you have any slots available and what type of RAM you have.
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse (MIM)
Vox AC15C1
also make sure you check to see if you have paired memory slots. (i.e. you cant put 2 512mb sticks and a 2GB stick to make 3GB. you need to fill up all of your RAM slots. so put in 2 1GB sticks and 2 512mb sticks.

all of this purely as an example
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Ebony)
Ibanez RR250
Squire Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Spider III 15

Boss DD-20
Boss OS-2
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
okay for ram you want 1 gig or more for upgrading and btw pm any more pc questions tell me your specs and i will try to help you you can do this by taking apart your computer or you can go to http://www.gtopala.com/ so pm me for any computer questions really i will help you!