Hey dudes, I bought this pc around two years ago from Dell. It's an XPS 410 I customized everything to my needs as I was an avid WoW player. When I bought it everything in it was top notch (I hate flourishing technology.. Makes my PC crap now.) in it I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256 MB video card. The problems I'm having consist of these little lines on my screen, and my monitor flickering a black screen every so often.. These problems came after I had been getting the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death, google it..) heres a pic;

If you need any other system information to determine my problem, ask I'll look it up! Thanks, Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
sounds liek the graphcs card might be the problem.. its a **** gfx card to begin with so you should just get a new one..
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
It isn't happening on your toolbars, meaning it's possibly not just a case of your graphics card packing in. if it was you'd see it on every area of the screen.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Ouch.. What else could it be?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

No but I had it so often it's burned into my head. I don't get it anymore but these problems are like the aftermath.

Anyway.. The BSOD said my graphics driver was stuck in a loop.

Oh and thats Windows XP Media.. Not Vista.

perhaps try updating the drivers for your graphics card? it's worth a shot
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

did you try deleting and reinstalling your drivers for your vid card?

7900's go bad pretty ofter... mine and 2 of my friends all went bad after about a year
Oh, I'd update the drivers nearly everyday, cause WoW would then work for a little while, then go back to the BSOD every frame.

Oh true. Wow why the hell did I say vista

/stupid

Anyway, try completely uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. When you uninstall them, manually search for everything with the name of your drivers, instead of just relying on the uninstall to remove them, sometimes it doesn't remove everything.
Or get a new card, nvideo blows
I'd rather not spend money to buy a new one , even though WoW wants me to come back and play everyday I don't game anymore, although I might again sometime. I just use this PC for the everday stuff. Music, email, browsing etc. I'd rather find a solution to fix it.

That's true.
I'd say give nvidia a call
But with their new driver policy, it's obvious they don't care about their customers so they'll probably just say buy a new one?
Bring it to a computer store?
Not the geek squad
They SUCK, I'm actually headed over to Best Buy soon to tear them a new one....
i have had aton i mean aton of montiors do this it is either your graphics card or your monitior go to rent a center and rent a new monitior see if that is the problem if not check your fx card i dont see anyone saying anything about your monitior check that pm me for any more help
Yeah but it's not doing it on the toolbars.

Connect it to a monitor or TV to see if its the screen.

You may have corrupt driver files due to your frequent reinstallation of the drivers. So if that doesn't work, download Driver Cleaner and wipe the drivers, than reinstall.

Does it do this for all programs or just while you're in firefox? Also send me your dxdiag report.