i have been using lemon oil to condition my fretboard for the last few months (used it a few times) and ive found out that its not the best way to condition the wood.

i was thinking of getting the ernie ball wonder wipes for the fretboard, strings and finish. i have a Gibson LP with rosewood fretboard; will the wipes be good to the wood and the finish, because ive heard that Gibsons have delicate finishes?

is there a "best fretboard conditioner" out there for rosewood?

thanks
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Lemon oil is fine , especially for Rosewood.

I mean ive asked guitar techs the same question about good conditioners and they say lemon oil.

and as to it affecting the finish... you arent going around rubbing the body of your guitar with the conditioner are you?
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Last edited by Krzy8 at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by Krzy8
Lemon oil is fine , especially for Rosewood.

I mean ive asked guitar techs the same question about good conditioners and they say lemon oil.

and as to it affecting the finish... you arent going around rubbing the body of your guitar with the conditioner are you?

i have just been told that lemon oil is very bad for fingerboards. and i am a witness to it as well; i have been using it for a bit now on my LP and the board looks drier than it was. i take very good care of my valuable things and i was also told by a guitar tech that lemon oil is good, but i just want to clean and condition my fingerboard every time i change strings.

as for the finish, i have heard that some guitars have a nitrocellulose finish which reacts badly to leather on straps and stands; i dont want to apply a regular polish which will be too aggressive.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
just another question; how often should i use the wonder wipes fretboard conditioner?
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.