sorry for another infamous thread that is asked everyday... but i need a guitar that doesnt have a trem/wammy. i realized its not really my style. im looking into ibanez but if theres others i will look into them.

Budget is $1000

Edit: i play metal hardcore, it would also be nice if good pickups were installed but its not needed,
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Last edited by krazydrummer at Jun 29, 2008,
i'd say a used gibson explorer because the newer gibsons aren't very good quality. or maybe a schecter hardtail hellraiser with EMG 81/85. im sure with a $1000 budget theres tons of good stuff out there.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i'd say a used gibson explorer because the newer gibsons aren't very good quality.

Nice overgeneralisation. Cos a 16 year old who doesn't even own a Gibson can speak for the entire '08 line, huh? Stop passing on net rumours to people who might not realise you're talking out of your rear.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
any other suggestions? please help
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
would a hellraiser be a big upgrade to a damian 6 string? i want something of good quality, although i did play the hellraiser yesterday and it does play pretty nice. i also really liked the active pickups +

any other guitars with active? i think that is what i need
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Quote by krazydrummer
would a hellraiser be a big upgrade to a damian 6 string? i want something of good quality, although i did play the hellraiser yesterday and it does play pretty nice. i also really liked the active pickups +

any other guitars with active? i think that is what i need

I don't like the active EMGs but if that's your bag, the ESP Ltd line has a bunch of models with active EMGs. Same with Schecter's hellraiser line.

I think some of the hellraisers use Seymour Duncan's active Blackouts. I've heard those were better than the EMGs. Give them a try, too.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by dannyisokay

I think some of the hellraisers use Seymour Duncan's active Blackouts. I've heard those were better than the EMGs. Give them a try, too.

Nah. It's only the Blackjack ATX FR, which has a Floyd, and TS said he didn't want a Floyd Rose.
Quote by Highbinder
Nice overgeneralisation. Cos a 16 year old who doesn't even own a Gibson can speak for the entire '08 line, huh? Stop passing on net rumours to people who might not realise you're talking out of your rear.

i have a 26 year old brother who's owned and played lots of gibbies, and i have myself. just cause i dont have a ton of money doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Highbinder

+1

I take any opinion on something that someone doesn't own or has owned in the past with a grain of salt.

Some people read a magazine review or play something for 10 minutes in a store and consider themselves an authority.

Also, some people feel that anything they can't afford is no good or "overpriced".
Quote by aznmetalhead93
Nah. It's only the Blackjack ATX FR, which has a Floyd, and TS said he didn't want a Floyd Rose.

The have a Blackjack ATX which is the same as the ATX FR without the Floyd rose. Comes in Black Or White-Cream
hey quick question, is there a big difference to the emg 81 and the emg 84? because thats what i have in my stock schecter and lots of guitars i see have the 81's and 85's as stock
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212