Its been a month and a half since this started,

in the beginning it was just my playing hand index finger. I went to student health and the doc gave me anti-inflammatories that I decided not to take because of the screwed-up side effects.

As things progressed, my index pain lingered but faded, then my RIGHT hand's index started to do the same damn thing (very strange pain feeling like the bone was bruised at the highest crease of the finger). I'm a programmer so typing really aggravates the problem. Shortly after, the left middle finger started hurting, then right, then my wrists. I'm fed up with this damn problem. I started taking this enzyme thats supposed to help with this sort of thing. Over the last week and a half, its been better but I've haven't been able to play electric for more than an hour and my acoustic I've almost not touched at all.

Yesterday I figured its been long enough, and I've let it heal for a damn month already so I picked up my acoustic and tried to play. Right away my index finger felt wierd, so ugh I put it down again. Then I programmed for a little longer than usual (about 5-6 hours). And bam, the whole ****ing problem is back now! Left index finger, right index.... Exactly where I was a month and a half ago.

I just want this to go away! I may go to the doctors again, but this time I'm not settling for meds, I'm gonna ask for an x-ray and find out what the hell is wrong with my hands.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
It just sounds like your finger is strained... The tendons/muscles are really sore from too much finger activity. Typing in a poor position or just typing for long hours on end is never a good thing for the hands. There's not much you can do but heal. You might have permanently damaged your fingers however and you have to be prepared to compensate for that when playing the guitar. That sucks though man, worse thing that can happen...
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
i suggest a longer warm up routine, start out slowly, do much more stretches, and hopefully the problem ends, im sorry to hear that, that really does suck
Quote by :-D
I go to college with mattrsg1; for what it's worth he is the best guitarist I have heard in person, and in particular stands out from others in my age group. You will not be disappointed, honestly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpCZpysf94
I started taking the medicine today. I'd rather risk having a bleeding stomach and throw up "coffee grounds" than not be able to play another month
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
i feel your pain, way back when i started getting carpal tunnel. i went to the dr. and she gave me anti-inflammatories ("new just on the market" ones) they worked fantastic better than i ever would have thought. then i couldn't get them any more because they stopped making them..... something about it kept giving people heart attacks and strokes. so i had to do what i needed to do from the beginning, work on proper technique, stretch my hands and arms before and after playing and not play for more than an hour on end. i still have carpal tunnel but since i started taking a little better care of my self it is almost unnoticeable. i suggest asking the dr. about exercises you can do to help, even though its not carpal tunnel i'm sure theres some exercises and things that can help naturally.