Hey guys I'm having a really tough time deciding on whether I should buy an Epiphone Studio Les Paul or an Epiphone Standard Les Paul. As far as looks go, I really like the worn cherry look of the Studio. Also it's about $100 or so less than the Standard. But, on guitarcenter.com I've read the reviews and some people are saying to go with the Standard instead. Which one should I go with and what's the difference in their sound quality and what not?
Quote by AWPtic
Hey guys I'm having a really tough time deciding on whether I should buy an Epiphone Studio Les Paul or an Epiphone Standard Les Paul. As far as looks go, I really like the worn cherry look of the Studio. Also it's about $100 or so less than the Standard. But, on guitarcenter.com I've read the reviews and some people are saying to go with the Standard instead. Which one should I go with and what's the difference in their sound quality and what not?

Play them both and some other models, then decide which one talks to you.

Epi LP Standard review by UGers here.

Epi LP Studio review by UGers here.

Other Epi reviews by UGers here.

I've played the Standard, but I'd have to order the Studio to play it since Guitar Center doesn't keep them in stock.
The studios can be a bit hit and miss. But I have a standard, and it's phenomenal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
The studios can be a bit hit and miss. But I have a standard, and it's phenomenal.

This.

If you want a thinner neck profile (vis a vis the Epi Explorer), check out Jay Tursers too. Same price range. Great guitars.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H