October 26th - DownInAHole.
November 2nd - RHCP94

Previous weeks:
1/6/08 - redh0tchilip3pp
8/6/08 - Jackal58
15/6/08 - rockon1824
22/6/08 - FrenchyFungus
That's right. Bringing the balls back.

Anyways, that Kevin Drew song is my favorite thing done by any member of/and including BSS. The DFA1979/Justice song is also great, I'm not sure whether I like the original better though. Great Replacements, Husker, and Jawbreaker songs.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
o_O

OK. I guess I'll post in here.

Nice mix Julien. I really liked the first three songs. And Sloan! Yes!

A couple songs were a bit too pop-punk-y for my liking, but overall, a nice play list.
Quote by stepco12345
You gotta be effing kidding me! muxtapes only accept mp3s!

My music is in MPEG-4.

Convert it. That's what I did. Isn't MP4 video? Or do you mean M4a.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
All the indie is hurting my eyes...

Haha that's what I thought, it's good indie though. I'm enjoying it.

I like the Dinosaur Jr. song, I haven't heard any of their stuff before, in fact I haven't heard of most of these songs. Blood on our hands is a good song, and I liked the Sublime song, I forgot about that song for a while Good playlist for me.

Anyone earlier than me fancy swapping dates?
Quote by Love_Buzz
Convert it. That's what I did. Isn't MP4 video? Or do you mean M4a.

OK. I'm stupid. I got a converter and got all those songs to go on.

My play list is set for next week.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Haha that's what I thought, it's good indie though. I'm enjoying it.

I like the Dinosaur Jr. song, I haven't heard any of their stuff before, in fact I haven't heard of most of these songs. Blood on our hands is a good song, and I liked the Sublime song, I forgot about that song for a while Good playlist for me.

Anyone earlier than me fancy swapping dates?

Well if you listen to anymore Dinosaur Jr. you'll probably notice that Lou (that sings Lightning Bulb) doesn't sing that many songs. But J's cool too.
Jawbreaker, Husker Du, and Dinosaur Jr???

Nice list
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
A lot of indie punk type stuff in there. Tbh, a lot of it wasn't what I think of as "modern rock" . But it was a pretty good list.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by element4433
Jawbreaker, Husker Du, and Dinosaur Jr???

Nice list

I thought you'd like it.

Quote by break-me-in
A lot of indie punk type stuff in there. Tbh, a lot of it wasn't what I think of as "modern rock" . But it was a pretty good list.

It's rock without being "Classic Rock" so I qualify it as modern rock.
Quote by Love_Buzz
I thought you'd like it.

I just noticed Meat Puppets and the Replacements too.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Love_Buzz

No, I get that. Modern rock isn't even technically a genre, so you can stretch the rules quite a bit. It's just that I would've called Husker Du, for example, punk.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Love_Buzz
And Sloan which everyone should check out.

Who doesn't like Sloan?

Quote by break-me-in
No, I get that. Modern rock isn't even technically a genre, so you can stretch the rules quite a bit. It's just that I would've called Husker Du, for example, punk.

If you're having a slight hay day with his play list, then you'll love mine. >_>
Quote by stepco12345

If you're having a slight hay day with his play list, then you'll love mine. >_>

Hay... day...?

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in

Well, punk is rock. So is metal (I know I'll get flamed for this by metalheads, but it's true). So is indie rock. Even some pop could be considered rock. Anyway, the point is that a lot of music falls under the large umbrella that is rock music, and therefore "modern rock" is quite a ridiculous label, really. It could really be anything from Belle & Sebastian to Necrophagist.

By the way, I'm liking the list.
Quote by stepco12345
Ok, then, you're making a bit of a hub-bub.

That better?

Yeah, a bit.

I have no problem with it. I like Husker Du. I'm just surprised how much he's changed modern rock. I'm going to have to amend my playlist to include some other stuff which clearly is ok for the banner "modern rock".

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by European Son
Well, punk is rock. So is metal (I know I'll get flamed for this by metalheads, but it's true). So is indie rock. Even some pop could be considered rock. Anyway, the point is that a lot of music falls under the large umbrella that is rock music, and therefore "modern rock" is quite a ridiculous label, really. It could really be anything from Belle & Sebastian to Necrophagist.

By the way, I'm liking the list.

Exactley.
Quote by Love_Buzz
Exactley.

That's a shame. I was hoping that I could own someone with my awesome intellect.
Quote by European Son
That's a shame. I was hoping that I could own someone with my awesome intellect.

Well I could pretend to argue. No way! Metal is to br00talz to be considered "rock"!
Quote by Love_Buzz
Well I could pretend to argue. No way! Metal is to br00talz to be considered "rock"!

It's only fun when it's for realz.
Quote by Love_Buzz
Well if you listen to anymore Dinosaur Jr. you'll probably notice that Lou (that sings Lightning Bulb) doesn't sing that many songs. But J's cool too.

Self-titled album

I like the look of this. The ones I already know I love, so looking forward to the rest.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Self-titled album

I like the look of this. The ones I already know I love, so looking forward to the rest.

I've only heard Forget The Swan from the first one.

I should really check that out. It's the album i've heard the least from.
Quote by Love_Buzz
And Sloan which everyone should check out.

One Chord to Another album for the win.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I'd give it a 4.1/5.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by Love_Buzz
I'd give it a 5/5..but that's just me.

I'd give it 4.5/5, as when I listened to it, I was in the mood for that sort of music.
Missed the first few of these. Giving this one a listen right now, quite unfamiliar with a few of the bands, so I have no clue what to expect.

Some of the indie songs I didn't really get into, but I enjoyed listening to bands I recognised such as Dinosaur Jr, Husker Du and Death From Above. All in all, pretty nice.
Last edited by red157 at Jul 2, 2008,