so im getting my eyes tested for the first time next week because my right eye is slightly weaker than my left. i have perfect vision in my left eye; the slight weakness in my right eye means that i cant read things past a certain distance (or they have to be big).

so i might be told to get a pair of glasses, which i am NOT looking forward to. i would have to bring them EVERYWHERE with me and clean them and all that ****t.

who hates having glasses? is it a really big hassle?

end of rant
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
You'll be able to wear glasses and sit on a bus writing in a journal. You'll look poetic and nice.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I have the same problem as you; my right eye is weaker than my left. Chances are they are going to give you glasses and tell you that you only have to wear them for certain occasions, like watching something far away like a baseball game or a movie.
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse (MIM)
Vox AC15C1
I had glasses for the last nine or ten years. I switched to those other things you put into your eyes (forgot the name) because I look better that way.

You'll get used to the glasses, they're not that bad. Some people look good with glasses.
You don't have to clean glasses really often. Another good thing about glasses, other than eye correction, is that it helps shield your eyes from dirt if it's really windy and there's dust flying everywhere. Of course you have to bring them everywhere, well, everywhere you need them. It won't really be much of a hassle since you'll probably be wearing them anyway. Do you only need them at certain times? The only problem I have with glasses is that when I wake up, I can't see until I put them on. It's little things like that that make me wish I had taken better care of my eyes when I was a bit younger.

Hey, maybe you'll look better with glasses
Glasses really aren't a hassle at all. You don't have to clean them, just wipe them off if they get fogged or dirty. I really don't see what you're so pissed off about.
get contact lenses?? aint THAT hard
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by Dinkydaisy
You'll be able to wear glasses and sit on a bus writing in a journal. You'll look poetic and nice.

i can read perfectly up close, its just big distances, or when something is mid-range and the writing is small when it blurs a bit. if i strain my eyes a little i can read these things, but that will just tire out my muscles even more.

the "poetic and nice" will be outweighed by the Black Sabbath t shirt or the shirt of Jimmy Page swiggin some JD!!!
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Glasses are awesome. I have Oakleys, with anti-reflective coatings. It makes you look cool, there's no problem with peripheral vision, and it makes you look smart.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
i have glasses but i dont mind them. they are slighty annoying sometimes but really not that bad.

and maybe since you have perfect vision in your left and not great in your right, you can get a monocle. wouldnt you enjoy a monocle

cuz you know, monocles are fukin metal

i mean, imagine John Petrucci running around on stage with a monocle

Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
I was told that if you have one perfect eye, the other eye doesn't matter, the brain goes with the better eye. Thats why i wasn't allowed a monocle. -_-

♥ ♥

Newfags can't Loveforce.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Yamaha Pacifica
Peavey JD acoustic
Vox AC30VT
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Long sighted people are silly people

I am short sighted and I just wear them whenever they feel comfortable, it's fine.
If it's only a slight difference in your eyes then you may not have to wear them all the time. I've been wearing glasses since I was 8, I can't see **** without 'em (getting contacts soon !). You get used to them, sometimes they can be a pain in the ass but most of the time they're not... and like some people already said, you might look better with glasses.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by magvol
get contact lenses?? aint THAT hard

Contacts are more of a hassle than glasses lol.
its really not a big deal, i wear them all the time. however, contacts can be a pain in the ass, but its worth not having to wear glasses. im getting contacts next month =D
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Well, I wore glasses for 2 years but I've moved on to contact lenses about a year ago. It is much better. I only wear glasses at home now, I think you should wear contacts instead of glasses it's a pain in the ass and you have to be very careful to not harm them. I don't agree that contacts are more of a hassle, at first it will seem a little strange to you, but you get used to it, it's like you can see with your eyes normally again, except you have to put them on and take them off. Your eyes hurt a little bit if you stay too much time at the computer or watching TV thought.
Last edited by cr4ni0 at Jun 29, 2008,
lol dude they rnt so bad. just tell the guy to make them tint wen theyre put up against the sun. theyll look like sunglasses nd make u look badass. thats how mine r
i have the same problem as you TS, but i only have to wear glasses for certain things. Glasses aren't really to much hassle, like people have said they are like hats and they don't require much cleaning.
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
it helps shield your eyes from dirt if it's really windy and there's dust flying everywhere.

and people trying to poke you!

i dont mind my glasses and contacts are always an option.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I use both. I find that I look better with glasses, it's just harder to pull off. So I usually go with the contacts.
I look a tit without my glasses.

When I first had them I hated wearing them so much that I just didn't. Eye-sight got progressively worse and now I have to wear them permanently. I can't actually read anything on the computer screen without them and it's not even a metre away.
Glasses make you seem intelligent for some reason, it does with me anyway. Contacts are fine until you start getting red eyes for no reason.
What i ment is, IF he is so worried about glasses, then use lenses.. takes about 10 sec on each eye to get em on when u get the hang of it :P
Quote by ealtdharkon

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Quote by magvol
What i ment is, IF he is so worried about glasses, then use lenses.. takes about 10 sec on each eye to get em on when u get the hang of it :P

I remember my first day with contacts, it took 5 minutes to put them in, and 40 minutes to take them off

I also get red eye in photos because of contacts!
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
I remember my first day with contacts, it took 5 minutes to put them in, and 40 minutes to take them off

I also get red eye in photos because of contacts!

was other way around for me:P 40 mins to get em on, worried about scratching my eyes out taking em out xD
Quote by ealtdharkon

Quote by NotTheSun3290