Page 1 of 2
It used to happen to me a lot. Not so much now. I'd imagine that most people experience it - they just don't remember it in the morning.
oh man i get it every once and a while but i specifically remeber one time and it freaked me out
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
Its happened to me plenty of times, if this is the same thing. My brain is awake but my body isnt. And I have to struggle really hard to move and finally I break out of it.
Yeh i've had it a few times, but ive always managed to move my body after maximum 10 seconds out of sheer anger
Dude, you can break out of it? I usually just lie there having to deal with it for ages. Next time, I'll try and get out of it. o_o
Almost every other morning and yes, its the most irritating thing I've ever experienced. It used to scare the hell out of me but after I found out what it was it just became an inconvenience. Nothing worse than waking up, needing to take a whizz and you can't bloody move and have to wait two or three minutes before you can get out of bed.

Wait, wikipedia says their's a treatment for it? Good thing I'm going to the Doc's on Monday, can bring this up and ask for some help.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
ive never had this..... now im curious lol
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Yes, it's scary when you start seeing stuff, like a week ago I remember seeing an image of a person in my mirror sleeping (someone who isn't me, different face and the backround was dirrent than mine) , or sometimes a baby crawling on your chest crying.

and you can't even move or do ****.
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Jun 29, 2008,
Has happened to me a fair bit. Once I actually managed to stand up with super sluggish and awkward control of my body while in this state. It was the strangest thing ever.
It literally took me several minutes (it felt like forever) to turn parts of my body, and kind of half sit up/half roll out of bed. Every other time I just lie there until I fully wake up or go back to sleep.

edit* I did this a lot when I lived in a college dorm where everything was very noisy and full of commotion, usually only when sleeping during the day. It only happens very rarely now.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by Oh Shize
Dude, you can break out of it? I usually just lie there having to deal with it for ages. Next time, I'll try and get out of it. o_o

Yeah - you can get out of it. Just try your hardest to move your body around. At certain moments it will be impossible to even try, but every few seconds I feel like I can. I think Im trying to move my head mostly.
I had an experience that may have been this once upon a time. It was the worst and most horrifying experience of my entire life because of the thing I was hallucinating) Ever imagine your soul being ripped out and not being able to move to do anything about it?
I don't remember ever getting it, lol. But now that I said that, I probably will.
Used to happen to me when I was a little kid.
Jackson DK2M
Jackson DXMGT
Jackson Rhoads V
Jackson Stealth
Yahmaha El-Cheapo Acoustic

Randall G2
Randall Cyclone
Behringer 4x12 Cab

Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR Fullbore Metal
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
ISP Decimator
Most terrifying thing in my life ever. Falling asleep can sometimes be very scary, and when I get out of it, it can happen again if I don't immediately get up and walk around for a while. I found the way to break out of it though -- when it happens, you become frightened and try to move and make it stop. If you just try to calm down and "accept it", give in to it, it will usually subside
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Never had it. I remember watching a programme about it though. They said that was what most of the UFO abductions were. But safe to say i didnt sleep well that evening =[.
Quote by TC1223
Yeah - you can get out of it. Just try your hardest to move your body around. At certain moments it will be impossible to even try, but every few seconds I feel like I can. I think Im trying to move my head mostly.

Well I'll try and do that then. o_o

Good thing is, I've got used to it and know the feeling of it starting. But it really sucks when you're about to fall asleep, and suddenly feel it beginning. That's more terrifying than the experience itself is.
i put myself into it consciously sometimes for fun lol. Anyway, if I were you i'd take advantage of it happening so often, meditate in that state or do chakra work, or mess around with astral stuff?
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Nope, never. The idea intrigues me, but I don't really care enough to want it. And it sounds pretty nasty.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Sleep paralysis is a lie. It's all in your head you crazy ****s. Just move if you want to, or just don't have it. Simple.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I saw my mate have it. It was wierd. I touched him and it stopped. But it was really creepy, he was convinced something was in the room. And he was literally soaked with sweat, and went near completely white. It was not nice to watch. Must have been awful to have been having it.
I get this when I try and force myself into a Lucid dream. I got pretty stuck once and had mad hallucinations of a giant socks eating my face.
i have it all the time
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
Quote by Ragen
I get this when I try and force myself into a Lucid dream. I got pretty stuck once and had mad hallucinations of a giant socks eating my face.

For real? I gotta try this out.
had one once or twice a few years ago, scared the **** outa me, i thought there was someone in the corner of the room, and then the other time i thoguht there was spiders crawling all over me, freakyy sh!t . havent had one in years thankfuly
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
I've had this as well. Fairly terrifying each time,because it always seemed to happen when i woke from a particularly bad nightmare and i couldn't move, and had the sensation that i couldn't breathe at all. I obviously could, cause it lasted about 5 mins, but i was totally convinced i couldn't.
Sometimes i wake up and i can't make any noise at all, my throat just stops working.

I had this once and it was horrible. Couldnt move or speak, i was so scared... After it i actually thought it was a dream.
Ive only ever had like 5 or 6 episodes of sleep paralysis. Each time I would tell my mum and like all turkish parents, she would tell the whole extended family. When my grandmother heard, she made my granddad come to my house, pick me up and take me to an imam. They thought I was possessed by the devil :S

I was like "Its sleep paralysis, a common medical condition not devil possession. The devil doesnt exist you uneducated morons." To which I was slapped.

... And my parents wonder why at the age of 12 I stopped believing in god and renounced being turkish.... Im English xD Born and bred!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by bob farrell
Sleep paralysis is a lie. It's all in your head you crazy ****s. Just move if you want to, or just don't have it. Simple.

No it isnt you stupid dick.

It has to do with the brain receptors being messed up in the state between being asleep and awake.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by Ragen

What Lucid Dreaming technique do you use?
Used to, but not anymore.

And yeah, trying to force yourself to move does help. I usually move my fingers, tongue, toes... Any tip of your body works.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

i get that quite a few times every year it's **** scary
Quote by postmortem2006

One time I was getting head from my (now ex) girlfriend, I blew my load in her mouth and she spat it back in my face. Seriously.

Experienced it before. Something....someone was on top of me. And no it wasn't a hot chicks, it was just a black shadow figure.

It lasted for a minute.
R.A.G.E.
ive had it all my life. used to scare the crap out of me but now im kinda cool with it.

the worst time was probably when i couldnt open my eyes and i saw all these weird light and and there were loud noises. i seriously was praying like "God, if im going to die im ready"

another time i hallucinated that i was in a glass case in some alien ship or something. i saw a couple of them. i tried to move. i finally did. my arm shot up and broke the glass. then i woke up.
Quote by Ragen

sigged
Page 1 of 2