So I have just ordered my new bass,

Squier Classic Vibe Jazz Bass

Haven't played it yet, but I've heard good things about it and it's VM counterpart but I'm not keen on the VM's styling, so I went for the Classic Vibe. Should be getting it on Tuesday. Can't wait, I'll post pics when I get it.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Did you buy it online? Cause you never know with buying online if its gonna be a good'un or a fat fat turkey.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by Rywad
Did you buy it online? Cause you never know with buying online if its gonna be a good'un or a fat fat turkey.

good'un?

Im sure it will be fine, my uncle ordered a ES-335(?) online and came in perfect shape and played just like he expected it. Beut' of a guitar BTW.
You stole my Overture
I really dunno why I said good'un but ah well. And yeah ordering online while the majority of the time its good and you get a good product but sometimes its not that good, but usually its in perfect order.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Quote by Rywad
I really dunno why I said good'un but ah well. And yeah ordering online while the majority of the time its good and you get a good product but sometimes its not that good, but usually its in perfect order.

IDK, I've never been a huge proponent of buying instruments on line that I have never played. Its too much like a blind date--it could work out well but it could end up being a match made in hell.

Plus I think spending an hour in a store trying out basses is one of the most enjoyable ways to spend a lunch hour.
Quote by anarkee
IDK, I've never been a huge proponent of buying instruments on line that I have never played. Its too much like a blind date--it could work out well but it could end up being a match made in hell.

Plus I think spending an hour in a store trying out basses is one of the most enjoyable ways to spend a lunch hour.

Thats what I like about the whole store thing, looking on the internet only really gives you an idea of prices that are sometimes cheaper than in store BUT on the internet you don't get the fun and jolly time of spending hours trying bass' you can and can't afford, however it tends to cause a huge amount of GAS when you do the latter you also can't haggle.. How I love haggling.

GOD WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BURDEN US BASSISTS WITH GAS!!! Ah well I spose GAS is the only way that we can find stuff that we really want and aim to get one day, helps with the ol' saving up.

So in conclusion... As Anarkee (don't want to attempt referring to her as Tam as i've never really spoken to her) said Buying a bass online is bad bad bad, unless you want to save money but sometimes you won't even get that.

And my last post was a suck up to the person who posted after saying that they bought something in perfect order on the internet...

And I've only bought two things bass related on the internet, a Dunlop Bass crybaby that I sent back 'cause it was broken and a Boss bass distortion which is gathering dust in the corner of my room... Useful ey? Also shows my FAIL with buying online, that Crybaby was on my wishlist for a while as well and the broken one shattered my dreams and led to me saving my money and buying my friends Squier J-bass for £20 and wow... I've gone a bit off topic (sorry for that) and talked a bit much in this post.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Last edited by Rywad at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by anarkee

I wouldn't exactly call this a blind date. It's more like going on a date with VM's hotter, younger sister.
I don't know...I think it's too easy to get scared off of buying online. I ordered my Ibanez AGB from GAK after playing the one they had in Vibes in Plymouth as often as I was there until they sold it while I was still saving up but on the positive side the one shipped from internet-land was £50 cheaper and just the same...and I bought my ATK400 on ebay without ever having played one (I've never even seen another one) but I couldn't be happier with that (the seller put fresh d'Addarios on it for me )

so my experience of buying instruments online has been pretty good. What's the worst that's likely to happen? It needs new strings and a couple of tweaks with a screwdriver?

That said, there's no better way to know what you want than spending your Saturday afternoons in town hanging around in music shops and if you find a bass you don't want to let go of then it's time to reach for the wallet.
Quote by anarkee

Time really flies when you are shopping for guitars, I remember spending 2 hours looking around before i made a purchase. Gonna be going down to one soon to get a new bass and it might eat up my whole afternoon!
You stole my Overture
I wouldn't buy an instrument I never played...
There's differences between every guitar; even those of the same model.
Every guitar is different, no matter what.
I like rap, feel free to use that as an argument against me.
Quote by smb
I don't know...I think it's too easy to get scared off of buying online. I ordered my Ibanez AGB from GAK after playing the one they had in Vibes in Plymouth as often as I was there until they sold it while I was still saving up but on the positive side the one shipped from internet-land was £50 cheaper and just the same...and I bought my ATK400 on ebay without ever having played one (I've never even seen another one) but I couldn't be happier with that (the seller put fresh d'Addarios on it for me )

so my experience of buying instruments online has been pretty good. What's the worst that's likely to happen? It needs new strings and a couple of tweaks with a screwdriver?

That said, there's no better way to know what you want than spending your Saturday afternoons in town hanging around in music shops and if you find a bass you don't want to let go of then it's time to reach for the wallet.

So do you live near Plymouth, or what? I'm from Ivybridge, if you know it.

Bad news though, got an e-mail from Gak today saying that they don't have any in until the 27th of this month. So thats s***, I'm doing a school talent show on Wednesday and I was looking forward playing my first (sort of) gig with a brand new bass.

Also, I've bought blind a few times before and I've never been left with an Instrument that I don't like. So I'm hoping this will be the same.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115