How much more powerful is a tube amp than a solid state?

I have a crate VTX 212 (120 W) and i was wondering if a Peavey Classic 30 (30 W)would have volume levels in the same range
Probably not quite as loud, but it will be close, and it will certainly be all the volume you'll need unless you start playing some rather large gigs. Look around in the stickies and use the search bar.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
The classic 30 will be loud enough for most applications; some larger gigs will probably need to have it miked but it'll be loud enough for small gigs and band rehearsals and will almost certainly sound better cranked than the Crate.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It might not be as loud but it will definitely sound much better than the solid state amp when cranked.
Quote by SRVNumberOne
How much more powerful is a tube amp than a solid state

None.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by timi_hendrix
Read the fucking stickies.

What he said!

A watt is a watt no matter if its tube, SS, atomic, solar, whatever!!!!!

Wattage doesn't equal volume!!!!!

Repeat those lines until it sinks in!
^^Agreed x 100.

^That's true, but more watts GENERALLY mean more volume, when it comes to amps, and tube do have more perceived volume at equal wattage when compared to solid state amps. I'm sure you know what he meant.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...