I just started to notice that my tone seems really treably, and ear peircingly high pitched, like a cheap marshal amp and a squire strat on its bridge pickup, when i use my distortion pedal. Ive never had this problem before with the same gear and was wondering whats wrong. Im playing with a blues jr, and a proco rat. Ive tried to play the rat through my old amp and it sounded fine, and ive tried changing my eq a lot too.
Is it an EQ problem? Turn down your treble a bit.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
it's highly possible one of your valves (tubes) has blown, in which case you will need to replace it.
my amp went extremely trebly when a tube went, so if the EQ makes little difference, the tubes are another possible explanation
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
^I didn't notice that he had a tube amp. That's also a possibility.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by blabermouth5
what kind of wattage is it.
what amp is it?

phail
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by maiden_mexico
phail

lol^
, but how can i tell if a tube is blown? Ive only had it for a year and i don't keep the master volume past 4 usually.