Hi
I bought an acoustic guitar yesterday - the problem I have is the brand its called "Academy".
I liked the sound and the look but I'm no expert and when I searched the web - google etc.. today I could find no such brand anywhere.
Also it was not cheap - £265 (thats around $500). I'm wondering if I've been ripped off. The shop had several by that brand but I may have jumped in too quickly.

Has anyone heard of this make ???
Last edited by ajoneill at Jul 1, 2008,
Well there is no sign of Yamaha on this guitar anywhere. It is clearly labelled as made in Korea. Would that make a difference and why woudl Yamaha make a guitar ansd not put their own make on it ?
Quote by ajoneill
Hi
I bought an acoustic guitar yesterday - the problem I have is the brand its called "Academy".
I liked the sound and the look but I'm no expert and when I searched the web - google etc.. today I could find no such brand anywhere.
Also it was not cheap - £265 (thats around $500). I'm wondering if I've been ripped off. The shop had several by that brand but I may have jumped in too quickly.

Has anyone heard of this make ???

have you been ripped off? if it has a nice tone and feels good for you - the brand shouldntbe an issue

Judders has spoken....
My concern is that I have bought an unknown guitar from a store for a fairly considerable sum of money that may be purchased elsewhere for possibly a lot less.
The fact that I cannot find this guitar make anywhere on any web site - including the links supplied above - does not make me feel any better.

My question is - Has anyone out there heard of this brand of guitar ?
It is very very unusual to be unable to find a brand on the internet in this day and age and believe me I have tried !!!

The fact that I may find the guitar pleasing does not mean very much when I think I may have paid far too much money for it !