I've been saving up for a long time now for a whole new rig and i finally have the money and the skills to buy it. I currently use a mexican strat out of a crate 120 watt amp and i dunno, its ****. Im ready for some real tone cause my bands starting to realy get good and i am myself also. I play in a rock baised guitar driven jam-band with much psycadellic influence. this is the rig ive been saving for let me know what you think and tell me what you know yourself about this equipment.

A PRS McCarthy Sunburst

Fender Twin reverb

I was also considering some new pedals. a analogman Bi-compressor, Crybaby 535Q, Boss DD-6, and a Ibanez Tube Screamer

I also already own a Boss Noise Supressor, and a Boss EQ but I was wondering if those pedals are still necessary for my new rig and i was thinking about selling them.

I also was considering buying the Framptone Talk-box to go along with with my EV N/D767a mic, But i dont know if im realy a talk box kind of guy

If anyone has any advice or comments they would be appreciated.
Last edited by Person1 at Jun 29, 2008,
Looks like a very nice choice of rig The Twin is mainly good for cleans and cleans only until VERY loud volumes though, so bear that in mind - if you play overdrive predominantly, there are better things to look for than a Twin + Tubescreamer
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
you need money and skills to buy something?

I thought you only needed money
PRS guitars are very good and talk boxes are pretty awesome aswell, I also plan on owning them but in Satin vintage Orange and a Jim Dunlop Talk Box. That looks like a pretty good rig i'm envious of you because i'd like to have a complete one aswell.
Quote by uvq

its a new policy. They don't sell nice stuff to people who suck. They call it "Quality Control."
could you donate it to my charity? cleans like that break through a mix very well, shouldnt have any problems, maybe two different distortions for different sounds? tubescreamer might not be enough. and yes to the talk box, theyre so friggin cool
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by uvq

lol your right but i dont wanna spend $3000 on a rig if I dont think im good enough to make it worth my while.
i would get a super reverb instead, its only 40 watts.
the rhythm player in my band has a twin (his is a SF and has like over 100 watts though).
on 2 it was WAY too loud for our outdoor show. on 1 it sounded like ****.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.