A few days ago I did a system restore on my computer and now when I turn it on I get a screen that saids to start the laptop on safe mode, safe mode with networking, start windows normally, start with last good configuration. When I click on one of these, the same screen loads and I am not able to use my laptop unless I do another system restore. How do I use my laptop without doing another system restore and without the that screen popping up? Because I''m sick of waiting 2 hours to turn it on.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Masonpwiley
Do a system restore to a different point.

Yeah, try this too...
Quote by EL2T
You resolve the issue by buying a MacBook!

Stop being a fanboy. You don't need to preach to people about Apple products at every given opportunity.
Have you tried being nice to it? I think all it wants is a little bit of attention give it a nice pat on the back tell it it's doing a good job, and other nice things to say
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Do a system restore to a different point.

I can only do system restore by pressing F12 as soon as it turns on and using the CDs it came with to restore it to brand new

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

It does sound like somehow you messed up windows when you did the system restore. So your saying that none of the options work when you attempt to start it? Do you have windows Vista or XP?
Quote by Lasyk
Have you tried being nice to it? I think all it wants is a little bit of attention give it a nice pat on the back tell it it's doing a good job, and other nice things to say

lol
Quote by XgamerGt04
It does sound like somehow you messed up windows when you did the system restore. So your saying that none of the options work when you attempt to start it? Do you have windows Vista or XP?

It's a XP. When i turn it on, It shows the dell logo, then it goes to the screen I talked about

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

If you can't get past that screen, even starting in safe mode, you might want to consider doing a system restore to another point (or brand new) anyways...that's just not good.
It's a cold world, so homie bundle up. We ain't on this grind for nothing, now get your hustle up.
Alright I have a few ideas then, first try turning the computer on and pressing f8 like you would to get the computer to start a system restore. Then see if there is a prompt that says use last known good configuration.
Quote by XgamerGt04
Alright I have a few ideas then, first try turning the computer on and pressing f8 like you would to get the computer to start a system restore. Then see if there is a prompt that says use last known good configuration.

That's the same screen that's showing up on startup in case you didn't figure it out.

When was the last time you reformatted your hard drive? It's recommended to do it once a year.
Quote by Sevenfoldizm
That's the same screen that's showing up on startup in case you didn't figure it out.

When was the last time you reformatted your hard drive? It's recommended to do it once a year.
I got my laptop 2 months ago

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Hmm I dunno man that's odd.
Now reformed after extended ban!

Gaye for Haye
I'm no expert dude, but it sounds like your boot sector is missing.

Stick in your System restore thing and turn on the laptop. When it asks you for if you would like to boot from disk, press any key.

Then press the r key to repair.
I assume you have only ever tried to install XP, and not tried to upgrade or change your OS, so when it asks you for the appropriate OS, press 1.

Enter the administrator password if prompted. If you haven't set one, just press enter. If it still asks you for one, ring up Dell Support, and get them to tell you what it is.

I also assume that your windows installation is on C:\

To fix the main boot record, type

fixmbr.

Computer will give you some scary warnings and stuff, ignore them at your own risk, but for the most part, they are pretty safe and I doubt the situation could be worse than what it is now.

Type y to confirm, and then type exit to leave recovery and then reboot the computer. I strongly advise you ring up Dell's Support helpline and confirm these instructions.
yep i had this problem too go to run type in C:\boot.ini see if that works if it says it doesnt exist then you are uber 13373rz screwed if you reconfigured your boot accidenatly then get someone to help you, you will save aton of time and money pm me for help