Ok i have a behringer gmx1200h amp head. i kno it was a mistake getting it in the first place but i'm trying to upgrade. i just want a head. i have 300 to spend. i kno its not much but maybe i'll find something. and hopefully i can sell the behringer too to get some more money.

i play mostly metal, some hard rock , and occasionally some weezer. i use it mostly for band practice but every now and then i have a gig. i need to know what is cheap wit quality (looking for a miracle) that fits my needs.
if you save like two hundred more you could find a peavey 5150 and be done w/ unecessary halfstack-itus.

that's gonna be ur best bet. either that or a randall. dont go cheap please.....you WILL regret it. everyone always pulls the ' well i just need something to make me happy right now and then later on down the road i'll buy a tube...bla...bla...bla...lies'

don't go for a quick fix, go for a long term solution like the 5150. otherwise you'll only be happy for like a week or so.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
if you save like two hundred more you could find a peavey 5150 and be done w/ unecessary halfstack-itus.

that's gonna be ur best bet. either that or a randall. dont go cheap please.....you WILL regret it. everyone always pulls the ' well i just need something to make me happy right now and then later on down the road i'll buy a tube...bla...bla...bla...lies'

don't go for a quick fix, go for a long term solution like the 5150. otherwise you'll only be happy for like a week or so.

Mainly this.

If you are into more old school metal, though, you might be pleased with a Peavey Windsor head (if you plan to keep your cab).

Just throwing that out there.

But if you want modern metal, 5150/6505 or a Bugera is the way to go. (for under a grand).
i know you guys say get a used 5150 but i doubt he will find one for 500 its not like its imposible but its a real good deal that hardly comes by.
if you want a good amp for that stuff take a look at bugera's i think all you need is 200 also B-52's are the **** specificaly there AT heads

for a decent head your looking to spend 500-700 so dont even think about buying anything until youve saved up at least 500 if you make it to 600 or 700 forget B-52 and Bugera and get a used Mark 4.
Id say be patient and save more money. Don't make the mistake into rushing out and getting an amp. Save up more and you can get something you'll like for a long time. Used to you could get a 5150 for 500 dollars... my first 5150 was 500 dollars. But nowadays it still happens but not quite as often. You don't find as many for that cheap anymore. I bought my 5150 for 500 and bought my 6505 new for 1200. Really i just got sick of that 5150 tone. It seems like i'm not the only one these days who just isnt satisfied with them.
if your ganna buy new id have to say go the B-52 route i like bugera but i think the B-52 has bettor tone.
but if your do happen to get 700 get a used Mark 4 it would be a real keeper if you ask me i tried one out at a sam ash, it was THE amp at the store you know.
Craigslist man, craigslist. Just be patient and don't jump on the first thing that comes along.
i dont kno if i wanna trust bugeras. i kno their either a sub company of behringer or something like that. or something. i dont wanna hear anything on bugera i've heard so much about it already. maybe i'll go try one out for myself but as of now i dont trust it.

i play mostly modern metal. I kno the mg series from marshall is a waste of money but do they have any other lower cost heads that are decent?
What cab do you have? A nice head through a ****ty cab is a no no anyway so you might want to look at combos.
is ur cab the one that matches the head? if so, it's practically wasted already. i say sell the whole amp and use that towards a nice combo. a nice tube combo whips the ass of just bout any SS stack ever.

avatar cabs should be the only 'cheap' cabs allowed for purchasing. and i mean cheap price, not quality of course.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
i have the upgraded behringer cab. all it is behringer wood glue and nails with the logo on it and some jensen speakers in it. anyone i've heard from who has this cab hasnt said anything bad about when its with a decent head. i'm already sure i'm keeping the cab.
Then just use the cab as an extention cab to a combo if you needed it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by blabermouth5
if your ganna buy new id have to say go the B-52 route i like bugera but i think the B-52 has bettor tone.
but if your do happen to get 700 get a used Mark 4 it would be a real keeper if you ask me i tried one out at a sam ash, it was THE amp at the store you know.

a $700 Mark IV? I highly doubt that.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab