I might be looking for some new pickups for my Epi LP standard after I get my new amp ( Epi blues custom ). The stock ones could sound a bit better I think, they arnt bad but I want something a bit thicker and have more of a crunch to them. I also need them to be able to do lead guitar for blues rock, and sort of hendrix-y stuff. Any suggestions?
Quote by tona_107
lace sensor alumitone

umm what guitarist use them so I can get a rough idea of how they sound and how much are they?
i'm not even sure if anyone uses them lol they are new. but actually you should look at any lace sensor humbucker...

lacemusic.com
Your best bet are Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Pups.
Most versatile pups on the market, the RR3 im getting has them, and there like God is singing when i play them.
Good from anything to Jazz To Heavy Metal (not death or black metal though)
GEAR
Epiphone LesPaul 100
Fender FM212R 100watt
Pawn Shop Strat ripoff
Fender G-Dec
Digitech RP80

GETTING SOON
Jackson RR3 Pro Series
CFH Wah
Quote by KirknRandall
Your best bet are Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Pups.
Most versatile pups on the market, the RR3 im getting has them, and there like God is singing when i play them.
Good from anything to Jazz To Heavy Metal (not death or black metal though)

Over-rated and generic.

Custom 5 bridge, Pearly Gates or 59 neck is a much better match for what the TS wants.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Over-rated and generic.

Custom 5 bridge, Pearly Gates or 59 neck is a much better match for what the TS wants.

I hate getting in a thread after you, cause all I get to do is +1

The SD Custom 5 Bridge will give you the crunch you want and I would use the 59 in the neck for a thick lead tone (maybe its just my ear, but the PG seemed more trebly compared to the '59)
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
+2 on the Custom 5 / 59.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I'll go with Mark on the Custom 5, I haven't tried a '59 but I have a Jazz in one of my guitars and I don't think it'd suit you. It doesn't really suit me either, thinking about it
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by steven seagull
Over-rated and generic.

About how much do all these cost just out of curiosity.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why the Epiphone Blues Custom? I'm curious. Since you live in Canada, I would've thought Traynor to be the obvious choice.

Because I didnt see any Traynors at Long&McQuade last week :P
Yeah on the seymour duncan website I think I like the tone of the Pearly gates a little bit more than the 59. But its not letting me listen to the Custom 5
The Pearly Gates is different than the '59. You could said it's a bit more "rude". It's a great pickup, but if you use your neck pickup for cleans, the '59 is nicer.

About the Blues Custom/Traynor thought...I still think Traynor are superior to the Blues Custom line, so I would maybe try again, or ask about it.
Quote by CuttingJesse
Yeah on the seymour duncan website I think I like the tone of the Pearly gates a little bit more than the 59. But its not letting me listen to the Custom 5

The Pearly Gates is a touch rawer and less refined than the 59, and also has a softer attack and feels a bit "spongier"... it's fun
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com