I want to replace my amp (a Fender Frontman 15R) because it's sound it pretty poor. However, the question is: should I buy another SS amp for about £110 (I was thinking Orange Crush 30R) or should I save for longer and buy a small 10/15w valve amp?
Cheers, Rob
I'm looking to buy an Epi Valve Standard. If you've got one up for grabs in the Uk, PM me and let me know.
I choose option B, save a little longer.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Thanks, any suggestions on a valve amp for around £200-£250?
I'm looking to buy an Epi Valve Standard. If you've got one up for grabs in the Uk, PM me and let me know.
Erm, quite a lot of styles. But mainly blues/blues rock, rock and a little metal
How much $ does that convert to?
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Quote by leondb

400-500 usd...

but i use thomann when people are in europe, as prices are different
Quote by Ghold125
blackheart little giant, combo, 1/8 stack.

This, or a Valve Standard.
id have to say crate V-series 15 watts or 30.
if you want to go into the metal all you need is a overdrive and maybe and EQ down the road.
A classic 30 would be ideal to but i dont like it cause is voiced very vintagy i prefer the crate cause it sounds more modern the classic 30s gain can only take you so far.
they would be both good amps to buy the classic for more of a vintage feel while the crate will do more modern stuff bettor.
Last edited by blabermouth5 at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by leondb

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

The Blackheart Little Giant should be around 90 GBP or so if the currency converter is correct.

You could also look at some Laney tube combos like the VC and LC.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by blabermouth5
id have to say crate V-series 15 watts or 30.
if you want to go into the metal all you need is a overdrive and maybe and EQ down the road.

Do the carry Crate V Series amps on that Island? If they do, this is also a good option.
Hell, you could get an Epiphone Valve Junior for less than £100! Thats a 5 watt tube combo amp. Great value, decent tone (better than almost any SS) and frankly, just what you're looking for
Cheers that answers my question. But now raises the question of which one to get! But anyway, Thanks for your answers guys
The Kustom Defender has pretty nice cleans and just enough OD without a tube swap to hit the blues/classic rock sound. It is 50 tube watts, but there's a Master Volume to attenuate and get OD without cranking it. Better to go with more now, then to get less now and need it later.