Page 1 of 3
So i know there are a lot of topics about Guitar Hero people being cool, but still!!!! I was at Best buy buying Metal Gear Solid 4 and some one who looks to be 16 or 17 is playing Guitar hero. I was just looking at him play, and someone says to him, "you play the real guitar", he says "If you play this, its easy then". I felt getting my guitar and shoving it up his ass and wanted to say play something, anything, even a note. His fingers wouldn't be able to even touch the guitar. I shouldn't get mad but a video game that uses five buttons compared to a instrument that has been around for hundreds and thousands of years is not the same. any of you guys have stories like this? The games are fun but up to a certain point....
LOL
id bet he could play at least one note...
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Kick his ass the only way he knows

Through guitar hero
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
i find guitar hero demoniacally hard because of the fact i play guitar
its like an adverse effect when you think youd be slick
Quote by GiantRaven
OH MY GOD! So what?

+1

The world is full of idiots and fools.

It's a given.

It's a fact of life.

Forget about it and move on. Focusing on the small petty things, and stressing out about them, only make life shorter.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by no1flyhalf
id bet he could play at least one note...

I concur.

Shenanigans declared.

J/K. I've never heard of anyone thinking they could rock at the guitar just because they were good at GH.

BTW, I'm a beast at GH and RB XD. I just love the drums in Rock Band so much.
omg these threads are popping up left and right. we get it but there is nothing we can do except get over it.
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
I'd bet he could play some amazing riffs!!!

(using one string, and only the first five frets)

OT: I know exactly what you mean. If any of my friends say anything like that, i hand my guitar over and ask them to play a simple riff or anything. I even show them the chords to Pat Benetar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" which is quite the Guitar Hero classic And they just cant do it.

Its nice to show people wrong.
I love being right :P
Quote by the agony scene

I know, it's really quite strange.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by the agony scene

i noticed that too
Quote by the agony scene

yeah, its cause we're used to playing with the music, not the buttons that we're supposed to on GH. Im actually pretty decent when its on expert but suck when its on easy lmao
the reason i said he couldn't play that one note right is because he has no callous, i think he probably could but haha.
LOL
Rockband & Guitar Hero = for the musically retarded.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
A 5-minute web search would have told you that the guitar has been around since the 15th century, at the earliest. Hardly thousands of years.

It's silly to compare Guitar Hero or Rock Band to the real guitar. One is a game, the other is an instrument, simple as that. They don't have the same purpose. The kid was stupid for thinking that one iota of GH skills would transfer to the real guitar, but who gives a ****?
Quote by the agony scene

I always try to do string bends while playing guitar hero
I also find myself using vibrato (from my hand) on single notes on guitar hero, and I have to resist the urge to use two buttons for powerchords. I think it's much harder to play guitar hero/rock band after actually playing the instrument because you build up playing habits on the guitar that don't work in guitar hero.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Quote by Superstrat101
yeah, its cause we're used to playing with the music, not the buttons that we're supposed to on GH. Im actually pretty decent when its on expert but suck when its on easy lmao

exact same problem i have lol. but its good they think guitar playing is easy, half of them start buying instruments and then they sell them to us for 1/4 of the price half a year later.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
these games were probably the worst thing to ever happen to music.........
instead of spending 200 bucks for rock band........... buy your self a guitar.......and practice......

if you practiced as much as you played rock band you could be good enough to play in a real band
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by iTzMaTT

Yes because people who play a game for fun are in fact musically retarded.

Edit-Person above me. Though it is im sure hard to beleive. Some people just wanna play a video game. Not be a musican. Crazy I know.
Quote by evilbeaver22
I always try to do string bends while playing guitar hero
I also find myself using vibrato (from my hand) on single notes on guitar hero, and I have to resist the urge to use two buttons for powerchords. I think it's much harder to play guitar hero/rock band after actually playing the instrument because you build up playing habits on the guitar that don't work in guitar hero.

lol i also find myself trying to put vibrato on notes when playing keyboard or piano
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
instead of spending 200 bucks for rock band........... buy your self a guitar.......and practice......

if you practiced as much as you played rock band you could be good enough to play in a real band

but ppl are lazy.... they dont want to play in a real band and gig, and get money. they think its too much work.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
Quote by Valrus
A 5-minute web search would have told you that the guitar has been around since the 15th century, at the earliest. Hardly thousands of years.

It's silly to compare Guitar Hero or Rock Band to the real guitar. One is a game, the other is an instrument, simple as that. They don't have the same purpose. The kid was stupid for thinking that one iota of GH skills would transfer to the real guitar, but who gives a ****?

i know kids who have expierenced this, going from being good at GH to playing guitar. One is a terrible guitarist, the other has only been playing for about 6 months but is pretty good TBH.
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
i hate guitar hero and rock band and everyone who thinks they can play a song on a real instrument because the know how to play it on guitar hero or rock band

both of those games suck
and once you know how to play through fire and flames on the real guitar then we will talk because just because you can play it using 5 buttons doesn't mean you can play it using six strings

fake ass want to be guitar players bunch of pricks
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
Quote by Slovak_Ghost

Yeah!

And racing games are the worst thing to ever happen to driving!

And FPS games are the worst thing to ever happen to whatever I can relate FPS games to!

Now I know this is a bit of a radical idea...but maybe...they actually just want to play the game?

Because all everybody ever wants to do is play in a band? Maybe someone just wanted a game to play...
Quote by the agony scene

exactly lol I suck at guitar hero as well. Imagine if they made a game that you can plug your guitar into your console and record with built in effects. Any game designers reading, DO IT.

And by plugging your guitar into your 360 or ps3, the developer would provide a usb cord with a guitar cable input or something like that. That would be rad.
Quote by sexothemonkee
both of those games suck
and once you know how to play through fire and flames on the real guitar then we will talk because just because you can play it using 5 buttons doesn't mean you can play it using six strings

Because the only way to prove you can play guitar is by playing a dragonforce song?

Lol.
Quote by sexothemonkee
i hate guitar hero and rock band and everyone who thinks they can play a song on a real instrument because the know how to play it on guitar hero or rock band

both of those games suck

fake ass want to be guitar players bunch of pricks

No one thinks that. And if they do take pride in the fact that your not as stupid as they are. Laugh at them and forget about it.
Quote by Valrus

the reason i said thousands is because i didn't actually write other stringed intruments, like the sitar. but whatever
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
the reason i said thousands is because i didn't actually write other stringed intruments, like the sitar. but whatever

You actually said hundreds of thousands...which is just plain silly
Quote by iTzMaTT

Or, for someone who likes listening to songs but doesn't want to take years of their life to learn how to play them.

Seriously, GH haters need to get over themselves. It's common knowledge that a 5-buttoned controller has no striking similarity with a 6-strung 22-fret guitar. It's fun to play, and can introduce people to a lot of new bands. Do you ever see soldiers saying "FU[/]bCK COD4 players!"
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
The only thing that has ever made me angry about GH or Rock Band is that on Youtube, every single guitar video ever is spammed with arguments over whether or not Herman Li is better.
Um, you know the guitar is actually seriously new? The acoustic as we know it is only a couple of hundred years old and the electric is one of the youngest ORIGINAL and POPULAR instruments I can think of off the top of my head (steel pans is the other). Sure, it's been developing slowly since the time of the Egyptians some recon but oh well.

Anyway, I tried out guitar hero a while ago and I actually thought it was really fun. They have a version for Aerosmith coming out soon as well so that should be amazing. I just think us guitarists get over-sensitive whenever anyone who plays it makes a single comment about the actual Electric Guitar. If they wish they played the real guitar then let them wish that. I have a friend who got guitar hero and started thinking he could play a real one, so he got a real one and he CAN play it now. I think it's good for getting people to pick up the guitar and into good music so what's the problem with it.
Quote by GiantRaven
You actually said hundreds of thousands...which is just plain silly

I got a A in my Enlgish College class soo meh! LOL i know, my grammer sucks as bad as that guy playing GH.
LOL
Quote by PaulieD17
Imagine if they made a game that you can plug your guitar into your console and record with built in effects. Any game designers reading, DO IT.

http://www.guitarrising.com/

And FPS games are the worst thing to ever happen to whatever I can relate FPS games to!

FPS games are the worst thing to ever happen to running around and murdering the sh*t out of people! Wait, hang on, maybe that's okay.
Page 1 of 3