I have a question about the digitech gnx4...How drastically will it change the tone and sound of my amp....also is there any boost in volume
It wont make your amp louder, although a compresor/distortion effect may make it sound louder.

I dont own the GNX4 so i dont know much about the tone, other than it emulates real amps and effects pedals
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
One of those old 70s beasts... I've heard good things about those.

It can be used as a booster, but the multi-fx will most likely suck tone, they are notorius for that.

A: why do you want a multi-fx?
B: what would you use one for (like which fx would you use)?
C: are you playing in a band?
Quote by Highwaytohell
One of those old 70s beasts... I've heard good things about those.

It can be used as a booster, but the multi-fx will most likely suck tone, they are notorius for that.

A: why do you want a multi-fx?
B: what would you use one for (like which fx would you use)?
C: are you playing in a band?

yes i play in a band.....i love the sound of the peavey butwe play metal...and it doesnt have quite the tone im looking for....i have used the gnx4 its sounds amazing
and unlike other multi effects it doesnt suck the tone much at all...in my opinion it makes it better depending on the amp of course...but right now i dont have the money for a really good amp..im hoping to save up for a marshall JVM but for now i was thinkin the gnx4 was my best bet
Quote by Petrucci=God111
yes i play in a band.....i love the sound of the peavey butwe play metal...and it doesnt have quite the tone im looking for....i have used the gnx4 its sounds amazing
and unlike other multi effects it doesnt suck the tone much at all...in my opinion it makes it better depending on the amp of course...but right now i dont have the money for a really good amp..im hoping to save up for a marshall JVM but for now i was thinkin the gnx4 was my best bet

Oy vey
they may sound like that to the untrained ear but they make tube amplifiers sound like garbage and have hundreds of useless fx

Dude... JVMS are overrated and over priced. And there are much better amps for metal
Why dont you just get an overdrive box?! or save up for a real metal amp like

Peavey 5150/6505
Mesa Dual Recto
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz El Diablo
VHT Delivarence