Alright my band wants to join a battle of the bands, but we don't which category to sign up for. The place we want to do it at has a "powerpop" [pop-punk] and a indie/acoustic opening. I think we could fit into either one, but which one would we fit in better considering the following songs that we have down so far

Sliver by Nirvana
Alive by Pearl Jam
Hate to Say I Told You So by The Hives
Perfect Ten - An original with ska guitar rhythms and a fun bassline
Carry Me Away - A slower more relaxed song on the chords with a bluesy solo going on the whole time [it's a short song]. Bassline, again, is fun, but it's a little slower

Thanks!

EDIT: The place does it genre thus the whole category opening thing
Quote by ginjaninja
go for both

We can only sign up for one, and also, my friend's [who happens to be the ex-guitarist of the band] band is playing and I kinda wanna show them up and they're in indie/acoustic.
Quote by mattj2192
We can only sign up for one, and also, my friend's [who happens to be the ex-guitarist of the band] band is playing and I kinda wanna show them up and they're in indie/acoustic.

i think you just answered your own question.
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
i think you just answered your own question.

I think I agree with you.
Quote by mattj2192
I think I agree with you.

I do concurr, good sir, thou shalt join the indie/acoustic group, so as to best your friend, my good sir. Doth thy said friend roxorz thy soxorz, hardcore persay?
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Quote by Helloween_rox
I do concurr, good sir, thou shalt join the indie/acoustic group, so as to best your friend, my good sir. Doth thy said friend roxorz thy soxorz, hardcore persay?

nome massa