Just as the title suggest i'm searching for an amp for Gain. Gain in the hard rock area.

I love the blues junior but it's lack of gain really kills it's veritility without the GT8 so i was thinking what if i was to get a higher gain amp and run it in stereo with the Blues junior to create a vintage sounding rig where you get a blend of clean and distorted.

My origional play was to buy a Harley Benton GA5 (european evj copy) head and a 2*12 combo of some sort. Then because it's 5 watts i could crank it and still have enough wattage with the blues junior to enable an even balance of clean and overdrive.

However i am seriously debating wheter this idea will work. Secondly say for example i wanted to play some high gain stuff like vai etc. Would the GA5 get there or would i need a further effects pedal? (would a tubescreamer do it?)

I've tried the Valveking Royal 8 but didn't like it btw.

Anyway can you give me your thoughts and comments on both the idea of this, the gear and answers to my questions. I'm in the UK, the budget should be pretty clear from the gear already depicted!

Enjoy!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by marshmellow666
a line 6 of some sort

Die.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
You could also get a 15 watt laney combo. You can find them really cheap if you are willing to buy used. From playing the Valve junior it is not high gain so if you wanted the GA5 you would probably need an overdrive pedal. Have you tried running an overdrive pedal through the Blues Junior?
Quote by GeorgeWFletcher
You could also get a 15 watt laney combo. You can find them really cheap if you are willing to buy used. From playing the Valve junior it is not high gain so if you wanted the GA5 you would probably need an overdrive pedal. Have you tried running an overdrive pedal through the Blues Junior?

Yeah, but it just isn't quite right. I'm after moreof a british high gain sound from my distortion.

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Madsalty
Yeah, but it just isn't quite right. I'm after moreof a british high gain sound from my distortion.

Marshall JCM 900 4100?
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by chase312
Marshall JCM 900 4100?

Yeah but i'm tight and don't want to shell out the money!

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Line 6 isnt a bad company. The PODs are absolutely great. It's just Spiders that give them a bad name.

But for a gain-y amp in the cheaper spectrum of amps, maybe a Vox? That's really all I can think of. Try and buy used to get a better deal on better amps.
the new handsome devil from blackheart
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
blckheart or tt

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20