Page 1 of 2
Is the line 6 hd 147 any good?
I don't know just where I've been, who I am or what I've seen, I just know somethings happened to me, cause I've lost touch with my memory
Quote by apocalyptic101
very good, quite excellent in fact. if you're a fan of line 6, this head is their peak of perfection.

If your a fan of line 6, you must either like the flextone or your ears are broken

These are a waste of cash man
budget?
don't knock it 'till you've tried it. this head can compete with the best of them and if you want loud, 300 watts definitely ADDS to this amps quality. I've owned it for 2 years and i doubt you've played on it for 5 seconds.
Quote by blue_strat
Anything over 30 watts for SS amps is bad.
300 watts is very bad.

Quote by Highwaytohell

You guys haven't tried the HD147s have you?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
They're fantastic.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Line 6 is trash...

For slightly less money you can get a Peavy 6505 and for slightly more you can get a Mesa Dual Rectifier or a Krank Revolution...
Quote by TDAJGuitarist
Line 6 is trash...

In the words of timi:

*clears throat*

Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon
Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon

The Line 6 HD147 is one of, if not the best moddelling amp ever built
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Last edited by Yngwi3 at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by TDAJGuitarist
Learn what good tone is before you tell me to get off the bandwagon....

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Yngwi3/pictures/gear/102612/336660

I know good tone

kthnxbai.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

BTW...I used Line 6 for a year...I use to like it once...Intill I really listened to it and I realized how bad it sounds...Espessally in comparison to Mesa, Krank, and the high class peavy amps.
Quote by TDAJGuitarist
BTW...I used Line 6 for a year...I use to like it once...Intill I really listened to it and I realized how bad it sounds...Espessally in comparison to Mesa, Krank, and the high class peavy amps.

By any chance was it one of these?

Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

100% of bashers here don't know the difference between the hd147 and a spider 3
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
no offense man I call BS.

that or you don't know what tone is
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Yngwi3

You guys haven't tried the HD147s have you?

HAHAHAHAHA so very true.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
The 147's are NICE!

Very good for a solidstate. And versatile to boot.
Of course, I prefer old school tube amps, but the 147 is a nice modeler.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by TDAJGuitarist
Silence...Thats what I thought...

BS.

In the studio I've used the Vetta II over everything in my sig.

And 90% of the guys that know what they're talking about would say my amps kick ass. I know what a good ****ing tone is.

The Hd-147 is great. For the prices you can find them used, I'm still debating on whether or not I want one for convienance.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
BS.

In the studio I've used the Vetta II over everything in my sig.

And 90% of the guys that know what they're talking about would say my amps kick ass. I know what a good ****ing tone is.

The Hd-147 is great. For the prices you can find them used, I'm still debating on whether or not I want one for convienance.

I'll vouch for him I've also used one a couple times. plus you have a couple of GREAT amps
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I just wish a lower wattage vetta combo would be released for a cheaper price.
Because vettas have some darn good tone (although not as good as a cranked higher end tube amp), and tons of versatility, it would be the ultimate practice and small jam amp for me.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Because vettas have some darn good tone (although not as good as a cranked higher end tube amp), and tons of versatility, it would be the ultimate practice and small jam amp for me.

+2
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by darkarbiter7

As far as wattage goes, they can get very quiet, and very loud. They have enough watts to do medium venues without micing, nor going over 50% total volume. Beyond that, I would use the direct out and run through a PA. If you had a 16 ohm out running into 1 Eminence legend speaker (16ohms of course) that would be like 75watts.

It is quite large though. I guess you could get a POD xt Live, expansion packs, and one of those atomix tube amps for pod preamps.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by blue_strat

300 watts is very bad.

I hope yu're lying. Have you ever tried a Hartke HA3500? That's 350W pure bass awesomeness!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by MESAexplorer
As far as wattage goes, they can get very quiet, and very loud. They have enough watts to do medium venues without micing, nor going over 50% total volume. Beyond that, I would use the direct out and run through a PA. If you had a 16 ohm out running into 1 Eminence legend speaker (16ohms of course) that would be like 75watts.

It is quite large though. I guess you could get a POD xt Live, expansion packs, and one of those atomix tube amps for pod preamps.

I mean, I'd just like a small portable combo version at a cheaper price. So, I wouldn't have to pay extra for size and wattage I really don't need.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by TDAJGuitarist
Silence...Thats what I thought...

lol, I'm calling BS on your claim of owning a Vetta II and thinking it sounded crap.
You just got knee deep in the argument and realised that if you backed out, you'd confirm our thoughts that it was indeed a Spider which you thought sounded crap. So you tried to pull one over us with the assumption that none of us have played on it as those of us who (apparantly) know what we're going on about are pretty much valve purists didn't you!
Oh yes.

/Jim Taggart.

TS - In response to your original question, yes.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Last edited by Yngwi3 at Jun 29, 2008,
Just cant see paying 1200 bucks for a SS amp. And you still have to buy the footswitch and a cab. Hopefully its more reliable than some of the other line6 products.
Quote by Tackleberry
Just cant see paying 1200 bucks for a SS amp. And you still have to buy the footswitch and a cab. Hopefully its more reliable than some of the other line6 products.

It's meant for people who need the versatility. Maybe you're a studio or touring guitarist who might need to play a variety of different things. You're paying for the combination of a ton of different effects and amp models into one head or combo that comes pretty damn close to replicating the originals.

I only briefly had a chance to play a Vetta (not sure which one it was) side-by-side with a Spider III, and it really was like night and day.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by Tackleberry

If it's locally owned store you could get the head and footswitch together for about $1100 if they're cool people.

Not to mention you don't have to buy effects, overdrives, tuners, wahs, all that other stuff that adds up.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by UnsignedRecords

100% of bashers here don't know the difference between the hd147 and a spider 3

ya, these dudes are funny, most of you couldn't tell what i use for my recording the pod or my 6505, you guys arn't tone perfectionist, just noobs who hop on bandwagons
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Wow, this thread is full of fail at the beginning

The HD147 is a kickass amp. If I had the extra money to spend on one I'd probably pick it up cause they have tons of great tones in them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Wow, this thread is full of fail at the beginning

The HD147 is a kickass amp. If I had the extra money to spend on one I'd probably pick it up cause they have tons of great tones in them.

Ya been thinking about one and a firepod, so i can record some mean tracks
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by Yngwi3

I'd rather spend the £1,100 on a valve amp, myself.

Something like a Mesa/Boogie Express 5:50.
Quote by Gabel
I hope yu're lying. Have you ever tried a Hartke HA3500? That's 350W pure bass awesomeness!

Bass frequencies are one thing. Solid state transistors tend not to cope so well with the higher end.
Quote by MESAexplorer
As far as wattage goes, they can get very quiet, and very loud. They have enough watts to do medium venues without micing, nor going over 50% total volume.

So wth does it running at full capacity sound like? 300W of solid state in a guitar amp is never needed.

If it was about £500 cheaper and only about 150W, then I would think that it was good value for money, but as it is, they're just putting expensive wattage in it just to look better on paper.
Quote by blue_strat

Bass frequencies are one thing. Solid state transistors tend not to cope so well with the higher end.

So wth does it running at full capacity sound like? 300W of solid state in a guitar amp is never needed.

If it was about £500 cheaper and only about 150W, then I would think that it was good value for money, but as it is, they're just putting expensive wattage in it just to look better on paper.

Well, it's a stereo amp, so it puts out 150w to each channel.

And as far as solid state amps go, look at the Roland Jazz Chorus

and it costs $1,250 in the US, which is not bad considering all the things it can do. It is probably an optimal amp for, say, a session musician or a studio situation.
Quote by blue_strat

Express series makes me cry, I'd rather have the HD147 over a 5:50 anyday
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Express series makes me cry, I'd rather have the HD147 over a 5:50 anyday

Amen, bro'. Haven't played a HD147 yet, but I tried out a Vetta in a store a few weeks ago, and man that gave me GAS
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by blue_strat

The express was Mesa Boogie's worst amp. Sounds absolutely weak and papery. I can get better tones out of a peavey classic and distortion pedal.

HEAD ROOM. 300watts running at 50% for a large venue, or 150watts running at 70%? You never want to push an amp harder than about 70% tube or solid state, thats just asking to put your amp in a world of assfock. Not to mention it's stereo, so if you run 1 cabinet it would only be 150watts. And the combos are 150watts to begin with.

If it were £500 or $1,000 cheaper line 6 would go broke.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by blue_strat

300 watts is very bad.

Idiot.

Quote by Highwaytohell
If your a fan of line 6, you must either like the flextone or your ears are broken

budget?

Bigger idiot.

Quote by TDAJGuitarist
Line 6 is trash...

For slightly less money you can get a Peavy 6505 and for slightly more you can get a Mesa Dual Rectifier or a Krank Revolution...

Biggest idiot.

Quote by Yngwi3
In the words of timi:

*clears throat*

Winner.

Quote by TDAJGuitarist
Learn what good tone is before you tell me to get off the bandwagon....

Still the biggest idiot.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Page 1 of 2