Page 1 of 2
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me. Im in a Hard Rock band and need a new guitar. I Have about £400 ($800) for my budget, I really want a Floyd Rose but im not to keen on strat or strat like shapes. Anyone got any Ideas?!? thanks in Advance
Last edited by YoHendrix at Jun 29, 2008,
Epiphone has a new guitar out that costs like 200(US) and has an OFR! its ****ing sweeeeet!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Jackson RR3 if you like the Rhoads V shape.
Jackson's licensed Floyd Roses are pretty nice.

If you dont want a strat shaped guitar what do you want? That will help us find what you are looking for.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
^ SO!!!!!! its got an OFR!!!!! for $200!!!!!!!!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by ~Funky monk~
completely out the price range tho
hes got like $800 to put towards it

?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-FUTURA-CustomFX-with-Floyd-Rose-Tremolo-Electric-Guitar?sku=515616

i think this is what hes talking about. and if you like the shape then id agree.

i myself would rather have this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-WRMG-Warrior-with-EMG?sku=512232

even though its a licenced fr

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by thefrigginbob
Jackson RR3 if you like the Rhoads V shape.
Jackson's licensed Floyd Roses are pretty nice.

If you dont want a strat shaped guitar what do you want? That will help us find what you are looking for.

yeah i like the RR3 shape, i am considering one of them but they dont have many finishes i partically love, apart from the special edition White Model but thats like £500 (http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=7981)
Quote by hmblm12
?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-FUTURA-CustomFX-with-Floyd-Rose-Tremolo-Electric-Guitar?sku=515616

i think this is what hes talking about. and if you like the shape then id agree.

i myself would rather have this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-WRMG-Warrior-with-EMG?sku=512232

even though its a licenced fr

sorry i dont like any of them, thanks for considering though.....
Quote by Epiphone'sRock
peavey rotoer ex with floyd rose is cool and great for metal...........................

I do love Explorers, but not that one lol thanks for the reply
Quote by stephen_rettie
Charvel Model 4!!!!!

I have considered Charvels but unfortunately im not lookin for a strat shape guitar
does anybody know if i can get an Explorer Shape guitar with a Floyd Rose?? i dont want a Mangled Explorer Shape tho.... any ideas?!
Quote by YoHendrix
does anybody know if i can get an Explorer Shape guitar with a Floyd Rose?? i dont want a Mangled Explorer Shape tho.... any ideas?!

it is another epiphone:http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIEFTSFX

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I take it in your in the UK? Most prices in US don't translate to £ easily, since we get raped in VAT and Customs.

Your best bet is possibly the Jackson RR3 or an Epiphone Explorer trem that used to be on GAK.co.uk I'm sure.
If a Jackson RR3 isn't what you're looking for then you may be hard pressed to find anything.

Maybe look at an Ibanez Iceman or Destroyer.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by mrbungle50221
yes Jackson RR3 was kinda made for you exact criteria lol

I am thinkin about the RR3 at the moment, dont like alot of the finishes apart from the White Special finish...
Anyone heard about or played the Dean ML '79 with Floyd? they look nice.....
Schecter V-1 FR.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Ibanez S320/470/520.

If you don't want a strat style guitar in that budget, you're going to get a rubbish trem.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Go for the Jackson RR3 in black or tansparent red!
The hellraiser v-1 is great, but ugly IMO.
Current Gear:
Jackson DK2L
Cort X-2 LH
Bandit 112 80w
Actually I am trying to get rid of a Rhoads-style Kramer V.
It's an older one, MIJ, with an OFR...
Take a gander at my thread in gear ads.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by timi_hendrix
Ibanez S320/470/520.

If you don't want a strat style guitar in that budget, you're going to get a rubbish trem.

It's not US currency, dumbass.
Schecter V-1 FR. It has Emg 81tw/89 humbuckers, which can be split coiled, an Original Floyd Rose, and has a pretty nice V shape. That's the guitar I'm personally looking at to buy in a few months.

Yes, it's $850, but I'm assuming your budget is *around* $800 and not $800 on the dot like some other people who will not be named >.<. The extra $50 shouldn't be that hard to get if you only have $800 (Yes, I realize the money you speak of isn't American currency, but I'm talking in terms I'm familiar with. I'm pretty sure the currency rate is like 1 pound=like...$2 about. Just putting it out there so I don't get called a dumbass for no reason like the dude above me called someone....).
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Last edited by Mlrc at Jul 1, 2008,
Page 1 of 2