Personally i've never been an ibanez fan when it comes to sound and useage, but thats just me, so i'll just comment aesthetically.... I really like the colours and the shades used, they compliment the shape... now for actual tone... wait for someone else :P:
It looks fairly good for a first impression. But, as always, you need to test it out first. I cant make a good decision by just looking at it. It should'nt be too much, though.
Neck: 3pc Wizard II neck
Neck Type: Wizard II
Body: Basswood body
Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlay: Sharktooth inlay
Bridge: Edge III bridge
NeckPU: IBZ V7 neck pu
BridgePU: IBZ V8 bridge pu
HW Color: BK

i would get something with a better trem, but try it out anyway
I can't quite remember the name of it, but I've tried one out before.
it was okay but nothing <i>really</i> special, and kinda pricey.

and this may be just my opinion, but it looks a little tacky in red I like it in green or silver.

but DeathThrashCore is right, Go for an S
you could replace the trem with an OFR...
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
ZR trem ftw!
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
'Poor quality' sums it up pretty good. Strings don't keep tune, breaks easily, stuff like that.

Like someone else said, you could buy it and replace it with a Floyd, but that might not be worth it cost-wise.
Quote by Våd Hamster
'Poor quality' sums it up pretty good. Strings don't keep tune, breaks easily, stuff like that.

Like someone else said, you could buy it and replace it with a Floyd, but that might not be worth it cost-wise.

I heard it kept in tune well, like the locking tuner things lol. (sorry for lack of knowledge)

What about the Ibanez S470DXQM. I really want an Ibanez. I like the way they look and they're sound.
Last edited by Bubbles516 at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by Bubbles516
I heard it kept in tune well, like the locking tuner things lol. (sorry for lack of knowledge)

What about the Ibanez S470DXQM. I really want an Ibanez. I like the way they look and they're sound.

go for the S, but the regular S models only have 22 frets, the prestige have 25 frets, but thats gonna cost you more.
Last edited by leviticus_22953 at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by Bubbles516

The Ibanez S470xxxx (they are the same guitar, just different finishes and maple tops) is a great guitar. The pickups are a tad weak but you can always swap them out in the future. The ZR trem is pretty reliable, the only problems I've heard with it is the arm socket can break so just be careful inserting and removing the arm.

For more information on Ibanez trems read this (bar the new Edge Zero and ZR-II).

http://www.lawl.net/gtr/trems

Regarding the Edge III, the main problems is that it is made with soft-cast metals which causes the knife-edges (the bits in contact with the posts) to wear away and lose tuning stability.

Quote by leviticus_22953
go for the S, but the regular S models only have 22 frets, the prestige have 25 frets, but thats gonna cost you more.

The Ibanez S prestiges still have 22 frets unless you consider the Ibanez S5470 which is Japanese made (Shock! Horror!) and has 24 frets, not 25.
Quote by Mwoit
The Ibanez S prestiges still have 22 frets unless you consider the Ibanez S5470 which is Japanese made (Shock! Horror!) and has 24 frets, not 25.

that was a typo error., i meant 24 frets.
and all Prestige guitars are made in japan. the other S series are made in korea, indonesia, etc.
Quote by Mwoit
The Ibanez S470xxxx (they are the same guitar, just different finishes and maple tops) is a great guitar. The pickups are a tad weak but you can always swap them out in the future. The ZR trem is pretty reliable, the only problems I've heard with it is the arm socket can break so just be careful inserting and removing the arm.

For more information on Ibanez trems read this (bar the new Edge Zero and ZR-II).

http://www.lawl.net/gtr/trems

Regarding the Edge III, the main problems is that it is made with soft-cast metals which causes the knife-edges (the bits in contact with the posts) to wear away and lose tuning stability.

Thanks. That really gave me a lot to think about.
Curse you Edge III. Curse You!!!
my brother owns an ibanez rg series and the bridge broke as soon as he brought it home from the shop. pickups are ok on the rg, not great but they have a nice amount of gain an tone for metal. he swapped the edge III bridge with a ZR II and it's much better now but the mods are gonna cost u a bit though. i think u should look into a jackson or maybe a dean in the same price range cus i find the quality is much better on those brands for the cash u spend.