Page 1 of 3
Yet again President Mugabe has been "elected" into power by himself, despite a 28 year reign of violence and homocide.
During his reign he has created such atrosities as persuing in the Second Congo War, despite the cost to the countries tax payers, expropriated thousands of white-owned farms, causing hyperinflation which led to oil and food shortages throughout the lower classes of Zimbabwe. Along with this he is has also been accused of racism towards the white citizens of his country.
So where is the American governments intervention in this chaos, surely if they see that it is their duty to help those people in Iraq, then it is also their duty to help the suffering citizens of Zimbabwe overcome this tyrant.
Oh wait, Zimbabwe isn't a hot spot for oil, nevermind.
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
He seems like a nice guy. Honestly, the only people who don't like lots of people dying and being beaten are faggos.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by Malakian=God
Yet again President Mugabe has been "elected" into power by himself, despite a 28 year reign of violence and homocide.
During his reign he has created such atrosities as persuing in the Second Congo War, despite the cost to the countries tax payers, expropriated thousands of white-owned farms, causing hyperinflation which led to oil and food shortages throughout the lower classes of Zimbabwe. Along with this he is has also been accused of racism towards the white citizens of his country.
So where is the American governments intervention in this chaos, surely if they see that it is their duty to help those people in Iraq, then it is also their duty to help the suffering citizens of Zimbabwe overcome this tyrant.

Actually, he managed BECAUSE of violence and murder - that was how he persuaded his opponent to drop out.
If only Gordon brown had tried it, Labour might not have been so thoroughly humped in Henley.
Malakian, while i totally agree with you, i must point out that Iraq is not a hotspot for oil. If it was, the US government probably would have commandeered that oil.
Quote by bob farrell
He seems like a nice guy. Honestly, the only people who don't like lots of people dying and being beaten are faggos.

Hmmm...

*loads sniper rifle and buys plane ticket to Zimbabwe*
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by bob farrell

What?
Don't you know there ain't no Devil, it's just God when He's drunk.
Quote by Malakian=God

+1
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Quote by tickberger
What?

Im kidding. Or am I????
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I really think we should send in the British Army, there is such a savage mess going on there - worse than what Hussein had done. But, for some reason, there is all this resistance in the British Government not to take action - purely because of our old Empire ties in Zimbabwe, and Mugabe, along with many African leaders, always uses his argument of the tyrannical British rulers. It's just so depressing watching this happen, hearing about mutilations, burnings, hacked off limbs and the possibility of genocide.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by c_man471
Malakian, while i totally agree with you, i must point out that Iraq is not a hotspot for oil. If it was, the US government probably would have commandeered that oil.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aairaqioil.htm
Ah, here's the reason why we shouldn't go invading like in Iraq: Iraq has completely gone to shit.

Also, it'll look suspiciously like the reinstation of white colonialism, and Mugabe will take full advantage of that.
I don't see why nothing has been done yet, if he's been at this for years and everyone is aware of it why haven't we done anything? Is there some kind of loophole I'm missing?
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by cobain_is_king
I don't see why nothing has been done yet, if he's been at this for years and everyone is aware of it why haven't we done anything? Is there some kind of loophole I'm missing?

Maybe the huge f*ck off amount of platinum in Zimbabwe has something to do with it.
i really hate what he's doing and want to hatch a plan, but thats not a nice thng to do evne though he does desrve it, something needs to happen though, its the same situation as saddam hussein but much worse, because htey have a srong reason for using military to help the country, i guess if they do though, then everyone will hate whoever does it in a few years time, becasue t hats what happens.
PSN: Noverion
Quote by freddaahh
I really think we should send in the British Army, there is such a savage mess going on there - worse than what Hussein had done. But, for some reason, there is all this resistance in the British Government not to take action - purely because of our old Empire ties in Zimbabwe, and Mugabe, along with many African leaders, always uses his argument of the tyrannical British rulers. It's just so depressing watching this happen, hearing about mutilations, burnings, hacked off limbs and the possibility of genocide.

Yea, I'm sure Dave and Jim would sort things out...
I really hate listening to people spouting bollocks without actually giving any thought to the issue. Oh wait, the pit isn't too dissimilar to BBC Have Your Say, nevermind.

I shouldn't have come here expecting coherent discussion...
Quote by Malakian=God

Two words:

SAUDI ARABIA.

There goes your theory.

Mugabe is indeed an ass. He should be removed. The MDC should not have stood down.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by freddaahh

i agree. i'm not a follower of politics, but something needs to be done.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Maybe the huge f*ck off amount of platinum in Zimbabwe has something to do with it.

I saw he had some sort of medal or something removed that he had been given by our Government years ago, saying they didn't support his views, but is that it? I'm actually astounded that it is known to the world what he's doing but nothing has been done other than taking a stupid medal off him.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by cobain_is_king
I saw he had some sort of medal or something removed that he had been given by our Government years ago, saying they didn't support his views, but is that it? I'm actually astounded that it is known to the world what he's doing but nothing has been done other than taking a stupid medal off him.

He had an honourary knighthood, and he was stripped of it this week.
Quote by Meths
Two words:

SAUDI ARABIA.

There goes your theory.

I just hate it when things are underlined but not hyperlinks, that extra click could be the one which causes me to develop rheumatic joints at an early age, just think about that next time you underline something.

On the situation in Zimbabwe: It's sad how the country has gone to hell in the last few weeks, when things were looking up for the Movement for Democratic change. We could never pursuade Mr and Mrs John Q. Taxpayer that an invasion would solve many of the problems there, seeing as how badly the world press has reported Iraq.

EDIT: Oh by the way, first post here ever. Hello everybody.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by Encyclopedia
I just hate it when things are underlined but not hyperlinks, that extra click could be the one which causes me to develop rheumatic joints at an early age, just think about that next time you underline something.

On the situation in Zimbabwe: It's sad how the country has gone to hell in the last few weeks, when things were looking up for the Movement for Democratic change. We could never pursuade Mr and Mrs John Q. Taxpayer that an invasion would solve many of the problems there, seeing as how badly the world press has reported Iraq.

Alright.
By the way, I hate whiny people.
Ah, here's the reason why we shouldn't go invading like in Iraq: Iraq has completely gone to shit.

Also, it'll look suspiciously like the reinstation of white colonialism, and Mugabe will take full advantage of that.

That's the point I was trying to make, Mugabe and everyone who is opposed to an invasion of Zimbabwe will exploit the aspect that it will seem like the Empire again. Which is pathetic, in my righteous opinion - race didn't stop two white nations bloing the shit out of a little brown nation - TWICE. But then, there's the oil aspect.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by MightyAl
He had an honourary knighthood, and he was stripped of it this week.

Aye thats what I meant lol. What was his reaction to this?
Edit: Actually, why the fuck did he have it in the first place?
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by MightyAl
Alright.
By the way, I hate whiny people.

Well I guess you're going to hate me, oh what fun, I've made a nemesis
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by cobain_is_king
Aye thats what I meant lol. What was his reaction to this?
Edit: Actually, why the fuck did he have it in the first place?

I think he got it because he was head of a new commonwealth country.
And I think his(unofficial) reaction was 'who gives a f*ck, I'm still president'.
Quote by Meths
Two words:
SAUDI ARABIA. (Resized for convenience)
There goes your theory.

Not really. There isn't any real reason to attack Saudi Arabia, as the don't have a (known) nuclear program, they haven't been involved in any conflict since the first world war, and there are few or non known connections to terrorist organizations. It is also one of the most developed nations of the Middle East, providing free education for every citizen from pre-school throughout university.

Also, it contains Mecca, the most holy place of all in the eyes of Islam. Attacking a country with that practically begs for a kamikaze attack of epic proportions.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by cobain_is_king

Nope, its just that it is of no benefit to any country to save them, and therefore it is ignored by anyone who has te power to change it.

Take Britain for example (I dont claim to be British as I am from Northern Ireland, but thats a whole different debate), although it is heavily covered in the media, it has barely been spoken about by the government. O.K, so they stripped Mugabe of his Knighthood, OH NO!!!! WOW, they really hit him where it hurts,taking something off him which has been bought from the government at various stages of Britains long drawn out history.
Quote by Sheepdragon

Also, it contains Mecca, the most holy place of all in the eyes of Islam. Attacking a country with that practically begs for a kamikaze attack of epic proportions.

That's a fact, there would be beyond epic amounts of chaos if that big Black Box got broken.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by Malakian=God
Nope, its just that it is of no benefit to any country to save them, and therefore it is ignored by anyone who has te power to change it.

Take Britain for example (I dont claim to be British as I am from Northern Ireland, but thats a whole different debate), although it is heavily covered in the media, it has barely been spoken about by the government. O.K, so they stripped Mugabe of his Knighthood, OH NO!!!! WOW, they really hit him where it hurts,taking something off him which has been bought from the government at various stages of Britains long drawn out history.

why should the government speak about it we relinquished power over 50 years ago and have no responsibility for them. there are other dicatorships in the world and there always will be.
Quote by tuwyci
why should the government speak about it we relinquished power over 50 years ago and have no responsibility for them. there are other dicatorships in the world and there always will be.

Because a government which has been so outspoken about Islamic regimes would be a bit hypocritical if they ignored much more brutal African dictatorships.
Such a shame. Africa in general is a beautiful place but its just so messed up right now.

Mugabe! What a prick.
We really should do something.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Page 1 of 3