read the title.

any reason for this? its the usual "internet explorer cannot display this page" malarkey. but if anyone NEEDS ill post a screen of it (tell me how tho, I forget).

I recently upgraded to Firefox 3.....conspiracy? probably not, but regardless, I need help.

<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

soo...whats the problem?

dont question your computer, just thank it. it is much smarter than you.
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
check out your internet options in internet explorer, see if your setting have changed and that u are allowing cookies and such, if your settings are on max for protection and stuff it wont allow you to go to sites, put them all to medium, and see if ur allowing cookies from websites, thats all i can tell you, check securty setting in there to
Quote by Dimebagjeff
check out your internet options in internet explorer, see if your setting have changed and that u are allowing cookies and such, if your settings are on max for protection and stuff it wont allow you to go to sites, put them all to medium, and see if ur allowing cookies from websites, thats all i can tell you, check securty setting in there to

This.

Or even better; start using Opera or Firefox.
Just one of those are better than Safari and IE put together.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
man its so simple you can chose firefox because it sounds the coolest

note this is the only time this logic will ever work
wow i give all the morons who say "cuz itz teh gayz" a wholehearted pat on the back.

I USE FIREFOX, but some sites firefox freezes on so I use Internet Explorer for those.

To the fellas who helped me: thanks. But still not working!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

for some reason
when i use IE on myspace it wont display my profile background

but when i use Firefox...it does ???
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Firefox > IE.

i wanted to come say something useful but i haven't used IE for so long i have no idea what the problem could be.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Recently internet explorer hasn't worked for me. I use it sometimes to check some profilepages without having to log out from them in firefox.

Conspiracy? I think so.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CrazyPigeon
You don't need help. Use Firefox.

read my posts. some people are flaming idiots, and im using you as an example!!

Dont post unless you actually read my posts or can help. Yes Firefox is good, but in this instance I need to use Internet Explorer too
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by buzz
read my posts. some people are flaming idiots, and im using you as an example!!

Dont post unless you actually read my posts or can help. Yes Firefox is good, but in this instance I need to use Internet Explorer too

On second thoughts, if you need help, maybe your computer is boned? Firefox should work for virtually everything. Have you updated Windows? What version of the OS are you running? Want my advice: Use Ubuntu or XP at a push. Try Opera instead of IE, but whatever you do, don't use Safari, it has a huge potential to butt**** your PC.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
On second thoughts, if you need help, maybe your computer is boned? Firefox should work for virtually everything. Have you updated Windows? What version of the OS are you running? Want my advice: Use Ubuntu or XP at a push. Try Opera instead of IE, but whatever you do, don't use Safari, it has a huge potential to butt**** your PC.

yeah Im up to date on everything! Only use IE and Firefox. And my OS is Vista.

Everything was fine, and now IE just randomly wont work!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

The ONLY possible reason:

This guy says, in regards to Internet Explorer:

However this guy (Richard Simmons) says, regarding Mozilla....:

Get it?
Check out my music, if you please.
Last edited by GuitaristXakk at Jun 29, 2008,
okay your problem is most likely your pc or u put the security to high so what you should try is the secuirty of webpages go to tools internet options and privacy go set it to medium go to advanced in internet options then go to browsing then go to restore defaults and it will now work if it does not pm me and i will help you
haha...a lot of IE bashing. I suggest you try using the IE tab extension for firefox. Lets you run IE in Firefox for certain websites that seem to just work properly in IE. I use it and it works well.
"That deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball" - the Who
Restore the default settings. Alternatively, you can download IE Tab so you won't have to worry accessing Microsoft Update.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
I just downloaded Firefox 3 and it's pretty ugly. Every single page has a tab that says I need a certain plug in to view everything on the page.
I have the same identical problem. I always used to use Internet Explorer, and then I started using Firefox. Soon after switching over, IE stopped working. Now only Firefox works.
Pissed.
ok im back with an update.....

i could handle the fact that IE wouldnt work, i could get over that.

iTunes Store and Google Earth wont work either, seemingly because im not connected to the internet??!! yet i am constantly connected to the internet, surfing on Firefox AS these apps tell me im not connected.

what gives??

yeah i checked security settings....theyre fine...
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Your computer is smarter than you, and it realizes that Firefox>IE, so it won't let you use IE.

I really don't know though. Both work for me, even though I don't ever use IE. Google probably knows how to fix it.

Quote by metal Lover
I just downloaded Firefox 3 and it's pretty ugly. Every single page has a tab that says I need a certain plug in to view everything on the page.

That's because you need to download the plugins. If you don't like the looks of it, there are tons of skins.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by Masonpwiley
Your computer is smarter than you, and it realizes that Firefox>IE, so it won't let you use IE.

I really don't know though. Both work for me, even though I don't ever use IE. Google probably knows how to fix it.

That's because you need to download the plugins. If you don't like the looks of it, there are tons of skins.

yeah but the unusual thing about it is, is that i clearly have an internet connection, yet for some reason itunes, google earth, IE etc. cant access it??
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX