I posted a thread a few days ago about Iggy and the Stooges. I got a lot of replies for albums, and a few people put the Dead Boys as a suggestion but no albums. Which ones would you guys suggest??
That's prolly cuz it's really the only one worth owning.

I don't even know the names of their other's.

But YL&S.

Anthony Bourdain would agree.
We Have Come For Your Children is their only other "official" album.

Its got some great tracks. Get both if you can.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
The Dead Boy's second album, "We Have Come For Your Children" is not very good...

the only reason why people buy it these days is because, A: It's the Dead Boys...

and B: it contains the Dead Boys two best songs ever, Flame Thrower Love, and probably one of the greatest songs I have ever heard, Ain't it Fun.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
^I think the whole thing is good but w/e. Too each his own.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
^I think the whole thing is good but w/e. Too each his own.

Yeah it is pretty good, it would just be a LOT better if they didn't that hippie dude from Cream producing it... making it sound all clean and ****...

I really dislike clean and polished production styles... really drops the kick ass meter on the music....
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Young, Loud, 'N Snotty

I wish Cheetah would've hung around here longer.
Quote by opivy21
Young, Loud, 'N Snotty

I wish Cheetah would've hung around here longer.

Are you insinuating that he posted here?
^Search for "Cheetah Chrome Lesson"
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Does everybody seriously think that was Cheetah Chrome? There wasn't really any evidence that it was him. If it was really him, why would he just happen to show up when someone started a thread about him? Why would he stop posting as soon as the thread died?
He actually bumped an already dead thread. I guess he typed his own name into the searchbar
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I didn't realize that. I guess that makes more sense. He should have stayed longer, though. It was mildly interesting.
Quote by werty22
Does everybody seriously think that was Cheetah Chrome? There wasn't really any evidence that it was him. If it was really him, why would he just happen to show up when someone started a thread about him? Why would he stop posting as soon as the thread died?

I was partially kidding, but I have a feeling it actually was him. If it wasn't, he probably would have hung around longer and screwed with us.
Also you could look for a band called Rocket from The Tombs, a direct predessor to The Dead Boys, from Cleveland Ohio. Singer David Thomas went on to form Pere Ubu and Cheetah Chrome, Johnny Blitz and Jeff Magnum joined up with Stiv Bators and Jimmy Zero to form The Dead Boys. Rocket from The Tombs put out an album called Rocket Redux on Smog Veil records a few years ago and they also played a tribute to Stiv Bators and were joined by David Thomas and Richard Lloyd (from Television).