I don't know whats wrong with it, my Microcube used to sound awesome but now it sounds like it has lost its energy. If i put alot of gain on it wont sound as good as it used to do, now its kind of buzzy and muddy. The Microcube has fell on the floor several times, but i don't know if that is the reason, or maybe it has something to do with the electrisity in my room. I noticed that when i came home from Croatia "and my mom had moved it somewhere else due to cleaning ;p" it sounded awesome again, but only for a couple of hours.

Would love if anyone could tell me whats wrong, and maybe i could hopefully fix this. I've had the amp for 1 year now, and im not planning on buying anything this soon.

Thanks alot

-Ergin
Change the tubes.

Oh wait...

Um... something may be giving out inside. I'm really not too sure.
Make sure the speaker isn't blown or anything like that.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I don't believe the speakers could be blown, since i live in a apartment i've only been using it on maximum 5 volume. I haven't used a bass trough it either.
Hrmm... I'm not really too sure. Perhaps contact Roland or the store you got it from.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Could be something loose, because moving it made it sound good again. So maybe if you move it a certain way, wires have a good contact, but as they are now, they have a poor contact for a poor sound.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
^^ what Ackj said
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Possibly a bad solder joint?

If you have no warrenty you could peek inside but DONT TOUCH THE BIG POWER SUPPLY CAPS

Alternatively it could be bad Potentiometer, try tapping the knobs and wiggling them lots
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Quote by Ergin
I don't know whats wrong with it, my Microcube used to sound awesome but now it sounds like it has lost its energy. If i put alot of gain on it wont sound as good as it used to do, now its kind of buzzy and muddy. The Microcube has fell on the floor several times, but i don't know if that is the reason, or maybe it has something to do with the electrisity in my room. I noticed that when i came home from Croatia "and my mom had moved it somewhere else due to cleaning ;p" it sounded awesome again, but only for a couple of hours.

Would love if anyone could tell me whats wrong, and maybe i could hopefully fix this. I've had the amp for 1 year now, and im not planning on buying anything this soon.

Thanks alot

-Ergin

You know you're using a microcube, right?
Quote by Highwaytohell
are you using it battery powered or plugged in to the wall?

Plugged it into the wall, and i've always used it that way.
Quote by Ergin
Plugged it into the wall, and i've always used it that way.

do you have a surge protecter? something might be blown. i always run my amps and pedals through a surge protecter power strip.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
I usually run them trough one, but it does not affect the sound.
My Microcube starts doing that "buzzy and muddy" kind of sound when the batteries run low. If you're running on batteries, try and change them or plug the cube into the wall.
Quote by Ergin
I usually run them trough one, but it does not affect the sound.

does it sound like it cuts in and out?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by Ergin
What do you mean exactly?

when you're playing does the volume like...cut out. it's hard to explain. lol.

what do you mean by buzzy?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Last edited by ugmung at Jun 29, 2008,
Now when you mention i do get that sound you explained, kinda like killswitch effect mixed with a little buzz? :p

About buzzy.. When i plug in the guitar sometimes i get this huge buzz/noise that will last until i smack the input to the Microcube. I do not believe it is the guitar, nor the wire.
Quote by Ergin
Now when you mention i do get that sound you explained, kinda like killswitch effect mixed with a little buzz? :p

About buzzy.. When i plug in the guitar sometimes i get this huge buzz/noise that will last until i smack the input to the Microcube. I do not believe it is the guitar, nor the wire.

are you using a cable that came with your guitar?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
No i've been using several cables, but none of them change the sound at all.
Quote by Ergin
No i've been using several cables, but none of them change the sound at all.

hmm. have you looked inside? to find any loose wires or solders?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
No i haven't, im a little afraid of destroying it :/ But i guess i should if theres no other option.
Meh I don't know if this is anything to help, but occasionally when I turn on my CD player at put it at it's usual volume, it's sometimes quieter than normal, so then I hit it and gets louder.

I'd say it's a loose wire somewhere, better get it checked out.
if u used the cube in croatia, that may be the problem

electricity runs at different volts and different cycles in europe than they do in the US
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
Sounds odd, but try moving it around - amps can sound surprisingly different depending on thr height, angle and surface they're resting on
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by istealpants
if u used the cube in croatia, that may be the problem

electricity runs at different volts and different cycles in europe than they do in the US

Nah i didn't use the Cube in Croatia .

Steven Seagull: Maybe that could work, i mean it sounded better after it was moved when i came home, thats what the guy at the studio told me too. Might try it out. Thanks.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
You've discovered tone?

/bitchy little prick

That's what I was thinking.

Maybe you've finally gotten tired of the amp and it's not the amp that sounds bad, it's just that you don't like its tone anymore. Happened for me many times on amps
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Perhaps you're right, but im not sure. I wanted to play alot of metal and all of a sudden the amp wont sound heavy enough. Maybe it never did sound better as you guys said, maybe i didnt realise. But i cant afford any huge amps for heavy metal and i have no idea what to buy either. Im wondering if im tired of my Cube and maybe its completely messed up.
it might be a loose input jack, my peavey does the same thing and i have to jiggle the cable going into the input cuz sumthing is up with the jack..
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com
guys, enough with the tone thing. the microcube is a great amp. do you think you can upload a video of you playing or something?

i know this might sound really stupid, but check to see if you're not using your neck pickup, i actually did that earlier. i felt really stupid.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Maybe something happened with your guitar that lowered your output? Do you have active mics? You might need to change the batteries.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by ugmung
guys, enough with the tone thing. the microcube is a great amp.

No, it really isn't.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Have you played another amp recently and unconsciously compared the power between the two, that's about the only thing i would see.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Play and give the amp a bit of a shake as you play if the sound changes, starts cutting out or gets good and then buzzy again then there is for sure something loose inside. If it has been dropped several times that might explain it.