ok so ive had my epiphone les paul for like 4 months so i thought it would be time to put new strings on it cause the old ones came with it. before i did it the strings buzzed a lil bit but it was really hard to hear. now its horrible how much it buzzes ive tried everything. i raised the action. lowered the action. changed the strings again. idk i cant get it to stop fkin buzzin. any ideas?
Quote by SkyValley
Girls have boobs. I like boobs.

Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst Custom Edition
Take it to a guitar shop and see if they'll set your guitar up for you and hopefully stop the buzzing.
"I play guitar" - Me
adjust the intonation or hav it set up at your local music store.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Well, I would go to your local music shop to get a In-house setup. Guitar Center does not do this, I just asked today... so go to your local non-GC music center and they will fix it up. I'm actually going tomorrow to get my Electric Guitar setup and maybe my new acoustic, but my acoustic seems fine...
Get it set up. it costs about $30-50 (plus $5 for new strings). if the buzzing continues SMASH THE MOTHER ****ER!!!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
If you're a newbie, let me tell you that new strings always have a metalish sound... Maybe you've mistaken that for fret buzz.
i ALWAYS get my guitar set-up at GC! oh, and if you end up smashing it make sure to take vid!!!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
if it's on a specific one or few frets, those frets may need to be sanded down, you may need to adjust your truss rod if it's on a specific string or set of.

How did you change your strings? one at a time, right? did you increase the gauge?
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
i think i kept the same gauge. i put on .9's. ya tm i think imma take it to the shop down the street to see if they could fixt it. thanks everyone
Quote by SkyValley
Girls have boobs. I like boobs.

Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst Custom Edition
i have a better idea don't take it to GC learn to do it yourself with the help of the forums imo opinion us guitarists get ripped off for things like pickup changes, paintjobs, setups, etc if you're serious about guitar you should learn to set it up IMO you should just teak the leap and dive in and learn it now. I'm going to once a problem arises. If you still have no luck just take the guitar and smash it, preferably over your head but be sure to tape it :P