Ok after some though I do not see why I have to change ALL of my strings when its time to change them. I mean when I play I rarely use the low E, the A and the G string, they still look brand new. The other strings are old and nasty looking, they need to be replaced that's for sure. Can I just replace them at different times? What do you guys usually do?
I normally replace them one at a time if one snaps, but eventually (after 2+months) they get all cruddy and horrible so I change them all.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You should always change them fairly regularly if you play often, plus its one of the easiest things a player can do to improve tone. Old strings can sound really flat, even if you don't play on the lower strings as much. I prefer to let my strings hang around for 2-3 months because I like strings that are nice and broken in, but I should probably change them more often than that due to how often I play. You don't have to change your strings all at once, but I see no reason to just change them one at a time. If you're going to buy a new set of strings just put them all on; plus, it gives you a chance to clean the fretboard and do general maintenance that isn't possible when the guitar is strung.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by Yngwi3
I normally replace them one at a time if one snaps, but eventually (after 2+months) they get all cruddy and horrible so I change them all.

+1 if one of them breaks it usually means the rest are going too aswell
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
if one breaks i change them all, otherwise if you do chords or other things that involve multiple strings some of the strings will be bright and twangy and the old ones will be flat and it will all sound like crap. that is unless you just sit around and play smoke on the water all day with one string, then i think you should be fine.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by tenaciousjp
+1 if one of them breaks it usually means the rest are going too aswell

Tell me about it man, I've snapped 4 this week! haha
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia