I bought an Art & Lutherie Spruce guitar a few weeks ago, and the first thing I noticed was the abnormal buzzing. From 1st-5th fret the E-A-D strings had some crazy buzz going on.
I took it into the store and they recommended getting my action raised, and after some thinking I decided to go along with it.

So my question is:

1. Should this remove most of the buzz?
2. Will the action still be tolerable? I mean, it won't be raised so much that playing the guitar comes incredibly hard, will it?

Any other info on getting action raised would be great, thanks!
They won't raise the action too much I'm sure. I suggest you try to play it before you leave the shop though, so you can complain right then and there if needed :P.
If it is raised enough it will remove most, if not all, of the buzz.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
no, you need to bend you're neck by using an alen wrench at the top of it

EDIT: but getting the person who posted a reply above me is right about it removing most buzz and probubly not making it too hard to play
Q 1. yes, because the string(s) will not be touching unecessary frets

Q 2. yes, just raise it untill tolerable and to your playing standard

hint: tune your guitar down a step or two (so that there's little tension in the strings to loosen the screw) , use your fingers, and loosen the screw till desired
I dunno, to me it sounds like its a problem with your nut. The buzzing is on the thickest strings at the top of the neck, are the slots on your nut cut deep?
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by MTVkilledmusic9
Q 1. yes, because the string(s) will not be touching unecessary frets

Q 2. yes, just raise it untill tolerable and to your playing standard

hint: tune your guitar down a step or two (so that there's little tension in the strings to loosen the screw) , use your fingers, and loosen the screw till desired

Since when do acoustics have their action rised by a screw?

It'll get rid of most of the buzz and they shouldn't be raising it too high.