I was looking into a new combo amp with about 100-150 watts of power so i can hear myself again over the drums and guitar in band practice (my guitarists' amps are nothing amazing). I'm thinking about a warwick sweet 15.2 and feedback i can find for it seems good. I like the look of the tone shaping control and also the portability, but since i haven't had a chance to try one, I don't know for sure.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Sweet-15.2-150W-Bass-Combo?sku=483058&src=3SOSWXXA

In case this helps, i like to play with a punchy, trebley tone, but nothing distorted.
Quote by smb
I'd recommend you find one and try it, but they're decent amps.

I've tried but I don't really have that option. even if I did find a shop that stocks them, I couldn't try them out without the intent of buying. because I've promised to buy off an internet site, this is also impossible (very long story, but trust me, I owe the guy who owns said site).
Music shops don't care if you come in and just try something out. Telling them your just looking around for amps. TRUST ME when I say you want to try it out before you buy, you might end up not liking it, and it's a lot better to catch it now, then after you've already bought it.
Quote by pdawg5

Don't get a Behringer, they are very unreliable and they lie on the advertised wattage that they have there. Hence why they are cheap.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
I owna 15.1 (4 band EQ) and can only say positive things about it. The Ashdown MAG 300 is also popular for this price range.

However, even though the Ashdown has more out the box power (180W) I would say the Warwick has more volume until you get an extension cab for the MAG 300.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Captain Insano
If you want a a trebley tone,I'd suggest something with smaller speakers, like the Ashdown MAG.

yes, that was another one I was considering, thanks for the help. i'll see if I can try both out, if not probably get the MAG as i can't see any other good alternatives.
Quote by pdawg5

ignore that, don't go near behringer if you can help it
i bought one because at the time it looked to good to be trueand it was, the amp sucks
but on topic them warwick amps are apparently really nice
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7