i just got a new bass and i need to raise the action, which way do i need to turn my truss rod to make the neck more bowed?
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Quote by bass dude nick
i just got a new bass and i need to raise the action, which way do i need to turn my truss rod to make the neck more bowed?

I do hope you realize that the truss rod won't adjust your action. You do that from the bridge.
Quote by Scourge441
I do hope you realize that the truss rod won't adjust your action. You do that from the bridge.

both the bridge, and the truss, effect the action.
http://www.tunemybass.com/bass_setup/
Quote by Scourge441

actually you use the truss rod for major adjustment then the bridge for fine tuning so
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

Me too!
i went through all my dads alan keys and none of them fitted the truss rod so in the end i had to do the whole thing from the bridge
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

Me too!
Quote by bass dude nick
actually you use the truss rod for major adjustment then the bridge for fine tuning so

No. You use the truss rod to get the correct amount of curvature in the neck, which affects action as a by product. Action should be adjusted at the bridge.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
No. You use the truss rod to get the correct amount of curvature in the neck, which affects action as a by product. Action should be adjusted at the bridge.

why would you need to change the 'relief' of the neck for any purpose other than to alter the action?
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

Me too!
You turn it to a professional. Don't **** with the truss rod unless you know what you're doing.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.