Okay I need to help here with my acoustic. I'm constantly breaking my g-string lol. I've been trying to learn Goo Goo Dolls songs such as Name. And you have to tune your g-string to a. I've broken numerous strings doing so and I was wondering if anyone has any advice ??????
Did you try higher string gages?
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
First off, wrong forum, but you're new so I'll answer your question anyway (this should really be in the acoustic and classical forum).

You probably should be using a capo not tuning up, and if you are in fact supposed to only tune that one string up, then you should use higher gauge for that one string. FYI: you could mess up your truss road, which will suck.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Oh okay thanks. And what do you mean a higher gauge? Sorry I'm new to guitaring. I don't know all the terms and tricks yet
The numbers on the string package will be higher. It means that the string has a larger diameter and is harder to break.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Sick! Thanks. So I should buy Elixirs or something? Cause I just got a bad string package last time since I had no money. Well I got Martin's and their cheap.
Elixers are REALLY bright, and if you're not used to the coating they feel weird for a while, just a heads up.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07